Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    POLITIC ALLEY
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 45

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITIC ALLEY
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
HAPPY BiRTHDAY Douglas.

Thanks!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I don't like Obama!" I said.
Ray snapped back, "I don't like Obama either. But I don't necessarily like McCain either."

So there we were!

So here we are - write in Ron Paul!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dougster, congratulations on the successful completion of another solar orbit!

(I did the same just over a month ago.)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Dougster, congratulations on the successful completion of another solar orbit!

(I did the same just over a month ago.)

Thanks! And your good belated wishes, also!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
92 it is, DS. (I miscalculated there!)

And many happy returns to BII as well.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

Probably owing to that metric system!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I'd bet a quid that is what it was, i.e., the metric system!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
REMINDER
••• Roll Eyes •••

Rick Warren, who visited Ray Bradbury at his home couple months ago, brings both Obama and McCain together tomorrow (Saturday). Here is the latest on Warren's meeting with Obama and McCain tomorrow afternoon/evening:

Fox and CNN and MSNBC will be carrying the 2 hour event LIVE: 7PM Central time, West Coast 5PM, Eastern 8PM.

In Los Angeles area the event will also be broadcast 'live' starting at 4PM (for pre-coverage) on KNX News Radio.

http://saddlebackcivilforum.com/index.html

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

And many happy returns to BII as well.

Cheers, Phil!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
REMINDER
••• Roll Eyes •••

Rick Warren, who visited Ray Bradbury at his home couple months ago, brings both Obama and McCain together tomorrow (Saturday). Here is the latest on Warren's meeting with Obama and McCain tomorrow afternoon/evening:

Fox and CNN and MSNBC will be carrying the 2 hour event LIVE: 7PM Central time, West Coast 5PM, Eastern 8PM.

In Los Angeles area the event will also be broadcast 'live' starting at 4PM (for pre-coverage) on KNX News Radio.

http://saddlebackcivilforum.com/index.html

_____ Confused _____

Let's see how Obama talks about his Christianity tonight. (see the YOUTUBE link below of an appearance awhile ago).

The church where all this takes place is just a few miles from where I live. They expect 2 to 3 thousand demonstrators, from everything concerning war, to gay rights, to racial equality groups. About 600 news media people from all over the world. The church is on 125 acre campus-like setting. I suspect it's a headache for secret service for all the buildings scattered about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-yUCg0TASc

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, when I awoke this morning (actually, when I was still half asleep!), the BBC radio news reported on the Warren-Obama-McCain event. A very brief report, perhaps 45 seconds in total, but including a very brief sound bite from each presidential candidate.

As far as I know, Rick Warren isn't known over here - or he wasn't, until now.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah,sweet politics. Especially that always dangerous blending of religion and politics. Using the power of the state to enforce or limit religion--an issue of the individual heart. Err on the side of love. Err on the side of freedom. Err on the side of tolerance. In the end, isn't it God who judges?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, the irony.

In the US, where you have separation of church and state, politicians fall over themselves to link their religion to their politics. In the UK, where we have an "established church", politicians avoid talking religion (until they leave office).

- Phil

posted Hide Post
I was able to tape the show but haven't had a chance to see it. I don't recall anyone saying why this fellow, Rick Warren, stopped to visit Ray. Does anyone know?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
I don't recall anyone saying why this fellow, Rick Warren, stopped to visit Ray. Does anyone
know?

Nard do.

"Live Forever!"