Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
If anyone has this record http://www.gocontinental.com/photos2/crawford_j3aa.jpg , "Good Buddies" by the Crawford Brothers (Johnny and Bobby) or knows where I can get a nice color scan of the jacket rather than this poor black-and-white copy, do tell!!! Unfortunately, it was a 7" single, not an album, so very hard to find.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2806 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cuuute! And, yes, "The Rifleman" has been released on VHS and DVD...unlike "Laramie"...and some of Johnny's recordings are on CD now...but not this one...so no CD reissue picture.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem fjp, glad to help. There is still life in that groovy vinyl. I splurged a little on the Duane Allman anthologies, but I had to have 'em. Right now on my shelf at work is that Octagonal l.p. by the Stones, I think its called Through The Past Darkly and Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti. I'll keep my eyes peeled for that album Dandelion.

p.s. Don't forget about 'ol Mickah!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
OMG! Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Vincent Price???

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The picture of Bob Dylan which ran with this article is actually misidentified as Vincent Price in at least one online source! The other pictures of Price don't look all that much like him...maybe around the eyes...but in any case, no wonder the kids were scared!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

posted Hide Post
Max Roach

posted Hide Post
Rocky, which Max Roach? He was one of the most melodic drummers who ever lived. I've seen him a few times and got to talk with him. I also drew an excellent (if I say so myself) portrait of him many years ago.

Dylan looking like Vincent Price!
It must be the pencil-thin moustache.
Did you know Mr. Price spent more of his career as a handsome leading man than he did as a horror film star? He even played "The Saint" on the radio!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My album cover just says Max Roach. Its put out by Time Records, can't find a date, looks old maybe early sixties. Its pretty good, I like it, good horns on it also. It was a clearance l.p. I recently got. Been more and more into jazz lately.

posted Hide Post
Can you tell me a few song titles or personnel?

As for getting into jazz, I'll reiterate that a good start is with Wes Montgomery; I'd suggest either "Bumpin'" or "Smokin' At The Half Note".
Anyone with an ear for music will like these, and anyone who plays an instrument will be astounded.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personnel, Booker Little, trumpet Arthur Davis, bass George Coleman, tenor sax Ray Draper, tuba

s-A,

Tuba De Nod
Milano
Variations
On The Scene
Pies Of Quincy

s-B

Old Folks
Sadiga
Gandolfo's Bounce

I mostly pull jazz from clearance so I'll keep my eyes peeled for those and thanks. I may be able to cull the jazz section soon and get some good stuff cheap, have to wait another month or so....

posted Hide Post
There is a good scan of the "Good Buddies" cover online here: http://www.celebhost.net/johnnycrawford/lpcovers.html

And...it is VERY bad and wrong of me to post this, but it was very bad and wrong to have taken such a picture, let alone printed it on a product aimed at impressionable children. http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/oddball/index.cgi?date=2001-08-17 When I read a description of this in a message board discussion I now can't find, I thought it was a joke...till I came across the picture while searching for the album cover!

The bottom picture here http://www.celebhost.net/johnnycrawford/lobbies.html is almost as bad, but that comic book takes the cake for all time just...plain...bad!

posted Hide Post
dandelion: Sorry! I have to completely disagree with you on the Rifleman cover! You have to be told the meaning here, and you just don't get it. This may be the mind-set where you walk thru life just oblivious to a lot of stupid inuendos. I'll say this: 95% chance the people did the cover didn't have a clue either. I think the most dangerous are the poeple who exactly know the inuendos they want to get across and do it innocently.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just found a remastered version of Aqualung by Jethro Tull, and now I'm heavily into revisiting Jethro Tull. The stuff is all remastered and it sounds great! They're playing about 1 hour and twenty minutes drive from here in October, on a worknight, now I'm in a dilemma as to whether I should try to go or not.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post