Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Rocky, sadly our culture has become one that venerates youth and beauty, rather than age and wisdom.

Have you "sung along with Mitch" yet?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocky! Got the old turntable spinning again ($80) cleaned, stylus, belts, balanced. The old discs sound great...ie, Jerry Lee Lewis, Grover Washington, Jr., Stanley Jordan, Beatles, Mahalia Jackson, Earth-Wind-Fire, ZZTop, Stevie Ray, Allman Bros. These just from a random handful grabbed from boxes that had been headed to the heap because the turner wasn't turning!!

So many more to reDISCover. Thanks for the technical advise. Dvorak's "New World" now on.
f

Mitch had us follow the bouncing ball!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
B-Two, no not yet and I'm not in a singing mood right now, will let you know when I do though. I agree with your aging statement, sad but true.

Fjp, that is awesome! I'm glad you got your old record player working rather than get a new or different one. I bet your stoked! I know where your at.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Fragile. Gosh, haven't heard in ages, it's excellent!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cher, Halfbreed

posted Hide Post
No! No1 Teh Bradbury is back. He must be on Easter vacation!
Dandelion. Get the scrub brushes out!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw that to my dismay. I was hoping he'd forgotten the way to this place.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, he's gone. He's outta here. HE'S HISTORY!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joan Baez, Where Are You Now, My Son?

posted Hide Post
The Smithsonian Collection Of Classic Jazz (right now Ornette Coleman ended, now Miles Davis)

posted Hide Post
On weekends I listen to NPR all weekend.

posted Hide Post
I love NPR! I'm listening to Stan Kenton, Contemporary Concepts.

posted Hide Post
Liberals!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Public Radio, who listens to A Prairie Home Companion? I love that show. The movie was great too.

It's the closest we have to The Grand Old Opry these days. Keillor is a brilliant writer and monologist.

It's been a quiet week in Lake Wobegon, my hometown, out there on the prairie...

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shakin' the Rafters, The Abyssinian Baptist Choir.

It rocks!

"Live Forever!"