Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"A Prairie Home Companion" is my main one, followed by "This American Life."

Raise hands, all who have seen Garrison Keillor perform live! I have!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'X-1' and 'Dimension X' episodes, along with other old time radio, when camping and/or editing in the high country.

Currently: 'The Best of Eric Burdon and the Animals'.
"It's my life...and I'll do what I want.."

Met the old guy once when he played a small venue around here. We went out back for a few minutes and pretended it was the Sixties again. (lol)
The rest is a secret. Cool

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool Robert! I got to meet Bob Weir not long ago under a similar situation. I always had thought about the things I'd say when or if I ever met my heroes but all I could muster was, "That was awesome Mr. Weir". Frowner He signed my ticket stub though.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Raise hands, all who have seen Garrison Keillor perform live! I have!

Right here - hand raised!

Saw him do A Prairie Home Companion last June live at the Hollywood Bowl.

It was just before the Altman film was released, and they played off a lot of scenes from the film on that show. Meryl Streep, Virginia Madsen, and John C. Reilly appeared, as did Shelby Lynne, and Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver.

Quite a show!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rock rock rock and roll high school, rock rock rock rock rock and roll high schoooooooool

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So that would be rock, right?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's technically punk rock. Ramones.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now its nirvanas cover of here she comes. Ever have those songs with those weird associations?

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much as possible yes!

>Duane Allman, An Anthology.....it's so good!

posted Hide Post
Elvis Murphy's Green Suede Shoes by Black 47.

They rock!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
>nothing but the wind and the rain, of which I love to read beneath, but alas I must reach for somnambulism...

posted Hide Post
now its the davotchkas!

posted Hide Post
Samba Pa Ti - Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzSayxVM_E0

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that I may have told my Garrison Keillor story here, but it bears repeating. In all of the time (28 years) I lived in Minnesota never once did I venture to the Fitsgerald Theatre (or the World when they were doing it there) to see his show.

But then down here he appears at the Miami Book Fair and I get to speak to him and take a couple of good photos and ask him about lutefisk.

Then, about eight or nine months ago, I am sitting watching TV on a Sunday evening when the phone rings and it is my friend who is now living in a little town in southern Minnesota. Dan says, just a minute someone here wants to say hi to you and it's Garrison Keillor. So I got to visit with him a for a few minutes. Neat!

He is the King of the extemporaneous speech.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocketman, the turntable is a-turnin' and the old amp is amped. To think I was on the brink of Exiling so many great old tunes (4 boxes): On right now! Allman Brothers Band - Enlightened Rogues ("Blind Faith" and "Try It One More Time" as I type).

Thanks for the "nudge" on getting things a new coat of paint!

Posts: 2806 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post