Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hey...I'd go for anything except more of the previous discussions. Poor Ray probably thinks we forgot about him...

I may have gone a bit too far on some of my rather eclectic views. I made a decision tonight to avoid any more talk about religion on this forum.

I love Ray, and truthfully, I would not want him to read some of the posts we have all made here on this thread, especially some of the earlier ones.

Ray is featured prominently here on our Official Slideshow. Turn up your speakers a bit if you go there...it's better that way. (evil laugh)

I'm heading out to the wilderness until next Tuesday, so all work goes in the desk for a while. It's picture time. Cool

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although we do try to maintain some standards of keeping on topic here, it helps to remember that everything in the universe is connected to Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We name a topic RELIGION 101, and now we're saying we are reluctant to talk about religion. Oh, for heaven's sake, switch the channel. There are a gosh darn number of different forum/channels/topics other places ya know.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alrighty then, Council attenders, here's the situation as she exists:

We can be in Newport Beach around 1.30, but then we'll be ready for our lunch by then, so add another hour and say 2.30 for drinks and philosophy?

That Irish Public House supposedly has music on Sunday afternoon, but they're also rumoured to be rather loud, which would not lend itself to conversation.

Like I said, y'all pick a place and post it.

Please advise.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, it's fine if you want to get together but be careful about posting a time and place. Ya know about all those evil stalkers out there!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Y'all better hurry and pick a meeting place - we're leaving town tomorrow early and won't be able to check email after tonight!

If no word, then we'll be at Harp around 2.30 on Sunday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:
I'm at a writer's conference ALL day tomorrow (April 21st) near Newport Beach (Irvine). So I'm outta picture for tomorrow...
[we gotta plan a little better!]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, Sunday! We're out of the picture for Saturday, too.

See my above post.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding: I usher at the 4:30 PM service at Church. Sunday! Where's Phil patrask?

Yow!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, to purposely stir the pot of religious discussion, I present this piece of theological debate ( see link below)...specifically coming from the Catholic Church to Catholics and non-Catholics.

This, as I see it...with the emphasis on "as I see it"...is a good indication that the Catholic Church does not view the Bible as the sole authority. They never do. And so, they can't figure out if babies go to heaven or hell. This is what happens when you sew church tradition and Holy scripture into a single piece of cloth to cover your brain and soul. At the very least, you get tongue-tied.
click on: www.originsonline.com/thisweek1.htm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

And so, they can't figure out if babies go to heaven or hell.

Well, if you want to look at the "original" scripture itself, Hell doesn't exist. Unless you're talking about the greek "Hades" which is mentioned, but not affirmed.

Also Doug, I just read this topic from the beginning, and it seems that you have some interesting Grigori theories? I have a friend who could be your doppleganger.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
I usher at the 4:30 PM service at Church.

They ought to be able to finds their seats just this one time!

quote:
And so, they can't figure out if babies go to heaven or hell.

You got that right!

While most of Christianity lags about a hundred years behind the times, Roman Catholicity is still in the Middle Ages!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
Well, if you want to look at the "original" scripture itself, Hell doesn't exist.

Also Doug, I just read this topic from the beginning, and it seems that you have some interesting Grigori theories? I have a friend who could be your doppleganger.

Thank you, Nico.

I should meet you - and your friend.

Doppelgänger is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
It is a good word, it has bite. Much as somnambulism does.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding. You are amassed in the deluge of questionable material, and can't see your way out? Grigori theories? Come on.

My point was that Jesus pretty much answered the question if unborn babies go to heaven or hell, when someone asked him how do you get to heaven. It's written that he had a small child in his midst and said you must be like a child in order to enter the kingdom of heaven. Now let's just play with logic and think...isn't an unborn child even more innocent, or at least as equally innocent as a born one?

Hell is mentioned by Christ. Also, the dumping (garbadge) grounds outside the walls of Jerusalem were pointed out likened to the place where tortured souls 'burned' always, like the continual smoldering and burning of the dumps. Is not hell the place of the absolute presence of non-relational experience of God.

===========

Doug: There are six worship services, each with about 2,500-3,000 people. That's a lot of seats to direct people to. I'm usually handing out bulletins. (But you say, 2 PM Sunday, you say...?)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Doug Spaulding. You are amassed in the deluge of questionable material, and can't see your way out? Grigori theories? Come on.

My point was that Jesus pretty much answered the question if unborn babies go to heaven or hell, when someone asked him how do you get to heaven. It's written that he had a small child in his midst and said you must be like a child in order to enter the kingdom of heaven. Now let's just play with logic and think...isn't an unborn child even more innocent, or at least as equally innocent as a born one?

Hell is mentioned by Christ. Also, the dumping (garbadge) grounds outside the walls of Jerusalem were pointed out likened to the place where tortured souls 'burned' always, like the continual smoldering and burning of the dumps. Is not hell the place of the absolute presence of non-relational experience of God.

===========

Doug: There are six worship services, each with about 2,500-3,000 people. That's a lot of seats to direct people to. I'm usually handing out bulletins. (But you say, 2 PM Sunday, you say...?)

I have seen several translations of the trash pile of Jerusalem peice translated many ways, If you choose to see it in this manner you may.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post