Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Cheating on Ray--I am in Love
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheating on Ray--I am in Love
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Your body cannot heal without play.
Your mind cannot heal without laughter.
Your soul cannot heal without joy.”

- Catherine Rippenger Fenwick

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stone Face Play Article

http://www.lastagetimes.com/20...neface-at-sacred-fo\
ols/

Anyone seen it, or a review of it?

"The problem is that he has a rabid fan base"--that's putting it mildly. A homicidal fan base would be more like it!

posted Hide Post
I seem to run counter to almost any group of fans I try to join. (Bradbury fans excepted; you guys are great.) If I love Ricky Segall, most Partridge Family fans hate him. I play his stuff sometimes to cheer up--still do--but like most things it has turned on me over the years and become sinister. Skip to 1:20 for the song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gScBLm1SpqI

(I was actually looking for the song "A Little Bit of Love Can Brighten Up the Darkest Day," about not being mean, but can't find it on YouTube.)

Suppose the advice is right and I didn't flog myself hard enough over the years to do EVERYTHING, ALL by myself? Suppose I did things with help? Suppose I did things without help but it wasn't enough? On the other hand, suppose the advice is wrong? Suppose I tried too hard to act entirely alone when I may have done much better with collaboration or even help? And so my life has become one mass wallowing in regret. But isn't Ricky cute, though?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:

I will have done on 6/30! Got my ticket last week.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:

I will have done on 6/30! Got my ticket last week.

Doug, is that closing night? I HAVE TICKETS FOR CLOSING NIGHT!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

posted Hide Post
Want to see my greatest love, greatest inspiration, and greatest mentor? I am pointing to him in the picture!

Weird, the book right behind my head is The Keys of the Kingdom--pretty much what Ray gave all of us!

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Two enlightening reads:
http://www.writersstore.com/sy...-bradbury_medium.jpg

RB's title interestingly inspired by -

http://wayofthedjembe.files.wo...e-art-of-archery.gif

Dandy, I taught a seminar a few weeks ago centered on this theme. Numerous texts were discussed with those above key to the conversations. Enjoyable!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post