Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    On the turntable?
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 40

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the turntable?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hey, Rocky,
The "Winter Consort" LP I am remembering is called "Something In The Wind". I believe it's their 2nd LP (the first being titled "The Winter Consort") and is from 1969. As far as I can tell, it's never been reissued on CD.

Heard John Renbourn yet?

http://www.john-renbourn.com/

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
>The Beatles, Abbey Road (usually Beatles, Hendrix, Floyd, and some of the other highly sought after albums are way too pricey for me but this one is in bad shape....but its playing so far) A copy of Electric Ladyland came in today. After looking up the price and subtracting condition, it was $34.98. In the book, right above that listing was a mono-play promo copy of E.L., I think its one of them with the naked ladies on the cover, the book value for mint is $4000.00. You have to be real careful pricing the collectables...

I'll keep my eye out for the second W.C. album B-Two. Haven't heard of John Renbourn yet, thanks.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received my copy of The Seekers - Complete, a five cd boxed set of all the works that this marvelous group ever recorded. I was in love with Judith Durham for her voice from the first time I heard this group. If you have not heard of them, do your self a favor and give a listen. What ever happened to real FOlk Music? Still listening.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask, are they the ones who did "Georgie Girl"?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
patrask, are they the ones who did "Georgie Girl"?

That is they! They are an group of four superb musicians from Aussie land and started about 1963 and had big hits in the '60s and then did Georgie Girl for the movie. I was in tears today re-living all the old folk songs on their Complete boxed set of cds. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to hear the Dylan songs or others of that ilk sung by polished musicians who can sing and harmonize and play instruments. Great group. I especially liked the Malvina Reynolds songs, What Have They Done To The Rain and Morningtown Ride. They are the Bradbury of folk groups, along with The Limelighters.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Malvina Reynolds? She of "Little Boxes" fame? Did the seekers ever cover her "Turn Around"? That song always chokes me up.

<Teh Bradbury>
posted
i made you all cookies but i eated them

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
silence, except the distant rumbling of the dryer in the basement and the ticking of my little desk clock with little pictures of the family in it and a thermometer....

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joan Baez/5

posted Hide Post
Jethro Tull-Minstrel In The Gallery

posted Hide Post
Lucinda Williams West

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lucinda Beltz "Too Fat"

(just kidding!)

posted Hide Post
Rocket,

Sunfighter had that great cover. I believe their daughter, China is the child on the cover. She later was an MTV VJ when they used to play what we
once knew as videos. Moody Blues, they tour, but now there are just three who are active.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocket,

You have good taste in music. The introduction to
the song Minstrel In The Gallery from the same album is classic. Too bad they never played that intro when the song was on the radio. As for Joan Baez/5, that was something my parents played. Was that on Vanguard Records, or a later A&M release?

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliment greenray! You must as well. My Joan5 album is on the Vanguard label. I remember China on MTV, good looking gal as I recall. I recently saw a picture of Grace and was surprised at her shorn locks and completely white hair. It's sort of sad to see all of your rock idols getting old. I guess you can put them up so high on a pedestal that they seem invinsible or infallable to aging like the rock and roll gods we want them to be. Even knowing that it's not the case, it still shocks me when I see a favorite star or musician that I have not seen for a while. It's also true with family or friends you have not seen in a long time. Speaking of this, have you seen Eddie VanHalen lately? I freaked, he looks way worse than Keith Richards ever did.