Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Most DANGEROUS Motion Pictures Ever
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most DANGEROUS Motion Pictures Ever
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
“As we were driving back from Ray Bradbury’s house…” WITH FORRY???!!! Good golly, Miss Molly! You lucky dog!

I am blessed!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Yeah, it's hard to avoid the sin of envy with guys like Doug, Biplane, and Nard around!

Thanks, but anyone can meet and befriend these wonderful gentlemen - they're so open and approachable.

That I count RB and 4E as friends to whom I can ring up and chat with is something I don't take for granted.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BORAT!
This is where fringe groups and extremists find fodder for the next insane act. The most obnoxious example of where our generation and societal acceptances are at, is the nude wrestling scene between Borat and his friend.

Next: Make a video of your local execution! Executions can be fun!! Especially of those who denounce diversity!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of the movies produced by our friends in Japan are to be wary of.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evidently you have never seen Yasujiro Ozu's Tokyo Story.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
Evidently you have never seen Yasujiro Ozu's Tokyo Story.

What?

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Tora!Tora!Tora!" was almost directed by Akira Kurosawa...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nico:
It's considered one of the greatest films ever made, anywhere... and it's Japanese.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Story

posted Hide Post
Ah, the inscrutable Oriental...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQGbK6tTZrM

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look out! Ray just sold rights for "The Fog Horn" to be made into a movie...in Tokyo!

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to worry. I'm sure, with today's technology, we won't even see the zipper in the back of the dinosaur suit.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
Nico:
It's considered one of the greatest films ever made, anywhere... and it's Japanese.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Story

I said a lot of movies, obviously many of them are just fine.

posted Hide Post
V for VENDETTA.
A truly extraordinary film. I'm amazed a mainstream studio financed & released it. I'd call it "dangerous" because of its boldness, what it dares to say about our present (and future), and how (like BRAVE NEW WORLD, 1984 & F.451) it hits the nail on the head.

Posts: 125 | Location: NSW South Coast, Australia | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Broid,
I finally did see "Tokyo Story".
I can't quite see it deserving the encomium posted above. The filming, lighting, and atmosphere, compared to Kurosawa, were just so-so; but it was quite moving.
The actors were very believable too.
It was interesting to see, in 1953, coexisting modern and traditional dress, manners, etc.
I really felt for the grandparents, being one myself. Could hardly stand it when, after not having seen each other for years, the parents and (now adult) children don't embrace at all - just bow!

posted Hide Post
"Taxi Driver," because it got the president shot.

"Knocked Up," because it glorifies idiots reproducing.

Incidentally, I haven't actually seen either of these movies.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post