Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

So now: Name this Bradbury story:

Which Bradbury story mentions the body of Lavinia being found?

Wouldn't be The Martian would it? I say that because it was more Tom being found masquerading as Lavinia.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

So now: Name this Bradbury story:

Which Bradbury story mentions the body of Lavinia being found?

Wouldn't be The Martian would it? I say that because it was more Tom being found masquerading as Lavinia.

Are you talking about "The Whole Town's Sleeping," where Lavinia and Francine find the body of Elizabeth Ramsell?

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's The Martian.

It is ACTUALLY Tom masquerading as Lavinia (or, to be more accurate, a Martian being seen as Tom and Lavinia and several other people), but a character in the story says that Lavinia's body has been found.

dandelion correctly points to another story with a Lavinia, but it's not Lavinia's body that gets found.

RB obviously liked the name Lavinia, and seems to have had a thing about bodies being found: The Martian, The Whole Town's Sleeping, The Lake, The Screaming Woman, Emissary.

So, Doug Spaulding, your turn!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee, I hope it's okay for me to write a story with a character named Lavinia, in which a body is found.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, Doug Spaulding, your turn!

OK, an easy one, I'm afraid:

"Yes, oh my God, yes, yes, you got your blamed head!" she snapped, giving up. "Now, fetch me back my bat with the needle in his eye!"

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Invisible Boy?
(just off the top of my, uh, head)

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Invisible Boy?

So it is.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"They laughed, and with him holding her she felt so beautiful she knew their marriage had slipped her from her ugliness, like a bright sword from its case."

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody?

posted Hide Post
This is probably wrong, but all I can think of is "Gotcha!"

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think again...

posted Hide Post
I'm having fun reading everything and catching up since finding this forum yesterday. But...I confess this one has me defeated!

Posts: 18 | Registered: 25 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I thought this would be an easy one!
I'll give a hint in a day or so. Great writing, though, isn't it?

posted Hide Post
No more tries?
Must I give a hint?

posted Hide Post
I'm going to guess either A Graveyard for Lunatics or Let's All Kill Constance.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 25 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post