Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Frost and Fire

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frost and Fire
 Login/Join

posted
Is it true Frost and Fire is on deck to be made into a feature? Peter Jackson would do a fine job.

Posts: 1 | Location: boise | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray apparently has written a script based on FROST AND FIRE. However, I am not aware that any film based on the story has been announced as going into production.

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did anyone else know anything about this?

And again.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Doug,
I saw it on youtube some time ago.
Did not know amazon had it on DVD. Hope its better quality.
Its really amazing!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool. Then I shall watch it!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, I knew about it - bought it on a horrendously expensive VHS tape some years ago. I too hope the DVD is better quality (but I have no intention to apy again for something I already own!)

Some reviewers at the time of its original release (1983) said it was the best ever film adaptation of a Bradbury story. Harlan Ellison (your favourite nutty guy) reviewed it in his old F&SF column and said something to that effect, if I recall correctly.

I don't know if I would go quite that far, but it is one of the better adaptations. I don't think it has aged well, however. What seemed fairly timeless in 1983 now looks (and particularly SOUNDS) very much of its era.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First I'd heard of it.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post