Ray Bradbury Forums
Frost and Fire

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/8561014372

10 March 2003, 06:41 PM
nesteroid
Frost and Fire
Is it true Frost and Fire is on deck to be made into a feature? Peter Jackson would do a fine job.
10 March 2003, 07:10 PM
Richard
Ray apparently has written a script based on FROST AND FIRE. However, I am not aware that any film based on the story has been announced as going into production.
15 June 2009, 04:45 PM
Doug Spaulding
Did anyone else know anything about this?

And again.

"Live Forever!"
15 June 2009, 05:09 PM
Linnl
Hi Doug,
I saw it on youtube some time ago.
Did not know amazon had it on DVD. Hope its better quality.
Its really amazing!
15 June 2009, 05:16 PM
Doug Spaulding
Cool. Then I shall watch it!

"Live Forever!"
16 June 2009, 01:07 AM
philnic
Doug, I knew about it - bought it on a horrendously expensive VHS tape some years ago. I too hope the DVD is better quality (but I have no intention to apy again for something I already own!)

Some reviewers at the time of its original release (1983) said it was the best ever film adaptation of a Bradbury story. Harlan Ellison (your favourite nutty guy) reviewed it in his old F&SF column and said something to that effect, if I recall correctly.

I don't know if I would go quite that far, but it is one of the better adaptations. I don't think it has aged well, however. What seemed fairly timeless in 1983 now looks (and particularly SOUNDS) very much of its era.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
16 June 2009, 02:25 AM
dandelion
First I'd heard of it.