Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
grasstains, I was near State College and Vermont Ave. Vermont is about 3 or 4 blocks north of Ball. Actually, I am no longer in Anaheim. Have not gotten around to changing the bit of info.
Have you been around the area lately? Were you here when downtown Anaheim was leveled? It's all new now, with the familiar spots long gone.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I remember the demoltion quite well. Err, the old downtown on Lincoln Blvd. right? My family got a truckload of the bricks they were selling or giving away that used to be the FOX Theatre, Pussycat Theater, and whatever that department store was called that sold the Swedish jelly fish candies etc, etc. I remember how my Mom was flabbergasted at the phallic-looking thingies they erected along the sidewalks. Harbor and Katella looks completly different now. Gone are all the cool looking little motels with bigger Vegas style hotels taking their place. The streets are much wider, too, and lined with palm trees. I like that part.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post