Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks Grasstains, I'll have to check that one out. Also appreciated the clarification on Earl, now I will have to switch songs midstride and dig up some Dixie Chicks.

My dads uncle came home from Germany in WWII after being a p.o.w. and he never ate spam or hamburger ever again. I was always fascinated with any story regarding him that I could get from my grandma. It was only recently that I found out some of the true horrors of war that he endured over there. I read all of his letters home while there and not one word of complaint or gripe to his family. The letters just contained generalities, I guess to spare the family any grief.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Such is the situation here:

No moderator!

A couple people at Harper-Collins, overloaded with a myriad of things to do...one of them is pulling all the threads from the old Bradbury garment, to weave it all into this new Bradbury garment... do not think of themselves moderators. That is, however, what we got.

Hopefully, once the old Bradbury board arrives from the drycleaners, Dandelion can once again (hopefully) take the helm of "Master Moderator".

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi people! I was just out for a while, and I have seen many feedbacks already.. Frowner

Aren't you guys considerate enough to just let me join in you discussion here, with all the links and etc.???

I am 100% sure, that this aint no virus...

-----------------------------------------------

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 8 | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say this is clever spam !

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
leahn,
Links? What links? I done see no stinkin’ links. Talk away or lurk about—whatever is your whim. As captain Quieg said in “The Cain Mutiny”, “Ask specific questions and I will give specific answers.”

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
As captain Quieg said in “The Caine Mutiny”, “Ask specific questions and I will give specific answers.”

Just don't try to steal no strawberries!

Once again leahn, welcome! and post away!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's quite clear to me that leahn has nothing to say, nor to ask, else he or she would have said it or asked it by now.

leahn is a spammer, and posts only to promote those links.

I suggest we all abandon this thread and leave those links to die through lack of exposure.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good one Spaulding.

philnic,
Lets at least let them keep the silver candlesticks.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You want I should take out the links, or just ignore them?

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nefertiti! Yes. I want you should remove them. If leahn is sincere than it shouldn’t matter and if not, then leahn will avoid some searing verbiage.

posted Hide Post
Take them out!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha! I love the little literary references from Chap and Doug! From Alfonso Bedoya to Jean Valjean? By the way, Bogey, I believe, found the role of Queeg one of the most challenging and rewarding of his career.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Braling II,

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello people, don't be so rude..

How can I ask a question?? cause you guys are already clamoring...THANKS TO YOU!

----------------------------------------------

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 8 | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I vote to just remove marketing and promotional links. My only exception would be like when Sam Weller gave out the link to his site--which dealt with his book and book tours and Bradbury lectures and joint appearances. Something like that.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I understand completely what is happening hear. Benefit of the doubt is out of the question now and I hope that this type of thing can be brought under control so that the entire board doesn’t become infected.

A quick anecdote on Bogie and Captain Queeg. According to Joe Hyams, Bogie’s biographer, Bogie disliked Jack Warner (the head of Warner Bros.)—he thought he was nuts and the character of Queeg reminded him of Warner. There were certain mannerisms that Warner demonstrated that annoyed Bogart, so, in playing the character of Queeg and thinking of Warner, Bogie thought up the idea of the ball bearings he could manipulate absentmindedly in his hand. Now Bogie had a boat called the Santana that he loved dearly and he would take friends on trips. One of them was Frank Sinatra. Sinatra, knowing how Bogie felt about Warner had thousands of ball bearings hidden in the ships overhead (the ceiling to you land lubbers) so that when the ship moved at all they would make a racket. Bogie didn’t see the humor so he cleaned Sinatra’s clock. Anyway, that’s basically the way Hyams tells it.