Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ask rAy brAdbUry A qUEstIOn !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ask rAy brAdbUry A qUEstIOn !
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post

THANKS!

...to everyone who contributed a QUESTION.

Hopefully, Ray will get around to answering by the end of this week.

Will post answers as soon as possible.

THANKS AGAIN!!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Nard!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here, here!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:

atroposmar:
By your question, is Bradbury being asked if he would ever contribute lyrics without music and have the musician put music to his contributed lyrics? (Several musical groups have done this but not with Bradbury's input. They did this on their own.) Or are we asking if would ever think of collaborating with musicians by contributing lyrics to their music?

I would say my question was refering to the latter of the two. I'm a musician myself who loves to write lyrics, but reflecting upon what established writers such as Bradbury are capable of writing, it makes me feel incomparable and insignificant despite my best endeavours. There are so many artists that do not value lyrics and only associate them as being necessary to complete a formula. Now, without further rambling, my question is whether or not he ever think of collaborating with musicians by contributing lyrics to their music? Ever since I really got into writing I've always ponder the idea of a novelist lending his voice to a song and how one would approach doing so. Anyways, sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I hope Ray Bradbury finds this the least bit interesting, or doesn't completely turn his back to it.

Posts: 63 | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry I wasn't in time to ask Ray a question, but you know...I don't think I need to ask him a question right now.

He answered all possible questions I may have had with his writing... Cool

Thanks, Ray

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr.Bradbury,

We are not only your admireres but also those who, in the ableness of our strength, do the things about which you write in your stories (about the ninth day of making the world). We would be very thankfull for your attension and your,even short, replyes on some of our many questions which are written in our letter.
We are building Rus’. We are the Rus’ which is awaking.
We are very thankfull to you because you saw all these prosseses even before we started to realize ourselves.
Your oppinion, oppinion from the side, strenghtens our sertains in our choice and understanding in our mission-Rus’ Idea in the modern world.
Thank you for your profities.

Yours faithfully
the organization “The Star Time”
(head of the organization - Maya Rybak)

Questions:
1.Considering into what hole the world is going is it enough just to be a viewer in the theatre of the Universe? Or should we play an active part and try to change at least something in this world?

2.Until OUN is not able to do something what alternative do you see for this organization?

3.In the interview for the Russian television you said that you see a potensial in Russia, so how do you think, can this potensial, if it awakes, become a tool to build a new world or is it desperate for local unlike existance?

4.Don’t you agree that the time has come for not only creating a new outlook but also for replacing the world’s religions that have emptied themselves?

5.What, in your oppinion, should be an outlook of a new humanity?

6.Whom do you see as a part of an experiment which can be done in a way of making a common round table(10-12 people from different countries, that are similar to you by the strength of passion, love to life, strength of spirit, ableness to dream and think about the fate of all people) on the most important problems of humanity.

7.Would you agree to cooperate if we invite you with the same aim.

8.Do you know what does your lastname mean in oldrus language?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where's Pavel???

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where's that Twilight Zone link?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
..................................................................................................................................................

Cool Answers to Questions asked Ray Bradbury,
are ALREADY posted.

GO to RESOURCES...and click on "Ray Bradbury Answers Your Questions."

...................................................................................................................................................

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
=== Plan to do another Q@A later this month, March. Prepare your question. === ..

posted Hide Post
I will be watching this thread...or wherever you decide (Nard) to create the Q and A.

I figure the best way to receive an answer is to keep the question short and reasonably intelligent.

BTW...I have made a habit of slipping Ray into my books somewhere along the line. This time it was the name of a chapter:

'The Bradbury Manufacturing Company' (title of Chapter nine, I believe, from 'The Corona Incident')
No links to the book...I'm not here for cheap advertising. Just wanted to say that.

I think everyone knows how I feel about Ray and how he inspired me to start writing at an early age. The nuns...the Catholic school...the ruler to my hands when I turned in those thinly disguised 'essays' that were actually sci-fi. (lol)
He's named in the AB Slideshow as the 'best science-fiction writer of the Twentieth Century.'
Of course... Cool

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
rocket:What about Fahrenheit 451?

Hey, good question. 'Embroidery', the story that Ray says was the only atomic bomb story, strictly deals with the detonated bomb while several ladies are embroidering. Like to hear how Ray describes 'Fahrenheit'. Perhaps he'll say it's an important, but not central, part to the ending of the novel.

Ray, you previously said that the story "Embroidery" was the only one that dealt with the dropping of an atom bomb. I think you overlooked Fahrenheit 451. Can you describe the importance of it to not only the story as a whole but how critical is it to the ending? Was it paramount that Mildred die in that conflagration?

Thank You!!!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard a lot of discussion regarding Ray's relation to Harlan Ellison. What does he think about Ellison's writing and what is his relationship with him? In the omnibus book The Essential Ellison, he dedicates the book such: "Because they have always been there for me, as superlative spinners of dreams, and as steadfast friends, this big one is for the Big Ones, Alfie Bester and Ray Bradbury."

posted Hide Post
Ellison has written about Bradbury on more than one occasion, and Bradbury has discussed Ellison in interviews. Gene Beley's book has a chapter about their relationship, albeit based on 20 year old material.

But I, too, would like to know more. I have always found a touch of Bradbury in some of Ellison's writing, especially when Ellison takes a nostalgic turn (which he does surprisingly often).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post