Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ask rAy brAdbUry A qUEstIOn !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ask rAy brAdbUry A qUEstIOn !
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Does he still like devilled ham and pickle sandwiches with orange pop?
If he could still climb a tree would he? Which one?
Does he still watch Laurel & Hardy movies?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
MR DOUG SPAULDING, I am most curious. How did you make your posting right before mine completely disappear as if it never was there?

What posting?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
MR DOUG SPAULDING, I am most curious. How did you make your posting right before mine completely disappear as if it never was there?

Magick!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A question for Ray:

Which BBC Radio adaptation(s) of your stories did you enjoy the most?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MR DOUG SPAULDING I thought only a person like dandelion could completely remove postings.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good questions B-Two and embroiderer. I think you can delete entirely a post of your own only, unless your corporate. One of my all time favorite pictures of Ray is the one on the back of The Illustrated Man hardback where he is is riding that bike. There is a slight look of fear and complete concentration on his face. There's a great pic of him on the back of I Sing The Body Electric hardback. It's dark and mysterious, a lot of shadows. It looks like he is sitting in the back seat of a car.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just tried this. If you go to the little icon for editing a post you have made, there is an option at the bottom of the little screen for deleting message.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know what science fiction novels are his personal favorites, and which of the current batch of SF writers have impressed him most.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
MR DOUG SPAULDING I thought only a person like dandelion could completely remove postings.

Please, call me Doug!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
...and which of the current batch of SF writers have impressed him most.

I think he's going to say Greg Bear. Let's see if I'm right.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Ahh you're just saying that because of DINOSAUR SUMMER. Was pretty cool, though, especially with Harryhaussen as a character. When the book was released there was a story about a kid beating up another kid for his copy.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know that this is either a question, or anything he could answer if it was, but in the anthologies Bradbury edited I couldn't see what he saw in the stories. Many of them were dark and depressing, without the touch of whimsical magic which so enliven his own.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
Ahh you're just saying that because of DINOSAUR SUMMER.

No, really. Actually, he was asked this at ComicCon San Diego in July, and he said Greg Bear (who was in the audience).

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
What is Ray Bradbury's fondest memories of his Mother and his Father?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My questiong to Mr. Bradbury would be:

Is it true that you did not care for Tennessee Williams work? How do you feel about it?

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post