Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    School Project-Short Stories

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School Project-Short Stories
 Login/Join

posted
I need to find two Ray Bradury short stories on that may be published on the internet. My teacher said they would be easy to locate but I can't find "The Smile" or "The Pedistrian". Can anyone tell me where I can find these or any other of his stories posted on the internet? Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 16 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
try searching with google.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried just about every search engine including google, dogpile, etc.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 16 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Smile" and "The Pedestrian" are both in the book, "A Medicine for Melancholy". You could try a library hard copy if worse comes to worse. Short of that, you might try a search on "A Medicine for Melancholy" and see if links to individual stories are set up through that. I haven't checked, so this is a shot in the dark.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are so desperate, you could find them short stories in thy books of Ray Bradbury and write them off! =

*MCL*

Posts: 33 | Location: Norway | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would stories which are still copyrighted be posted on the internet at all, and why would teachers tell students they are there when they're not? The last person looking for "The Smile" that way couldn't find it either.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of people (even teachers) forget copyright laws and just assume everything is on the internet. I have seen some contemporary sci fi stories posted, but these are still available at bookstores and libraries. If a current story is posted, I view it as a pleasant surprise rather than an expectation.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heh, heck, what whould we else have could been using libaries to? :P~~

Posts: 33 | Location: Norway | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post