Ray Bradbury Forums
School Project-Short Stories

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/7471086901

16 March 2003, 07:00 PM
macalr
School Project-Short Stories
I need to find two Ray Bradury short stories on that may be published on the internet. My teacher said they would be easy to locate but I can't find "The Smile" or "The Pedistrian". Can anyone tell me where I can find these or any other of his stories posted on the internet? Thanks.
17 March 2003, 12:09 AM
SethD105
try searching with google.
17 March 2003, 09:26 AM
macalr
I've tried just about every search engine including google, dogpile, etc.
17 March 2003, 09:37 AM
Mr. Dark
"The Smile" and "The Pedestrian" are both in the book, "A Medicine for Melancholy". You could try a library hard copy if worse comes to worse. Short of that, you might try a search on "A Medicine for Melancholy" and see if links to individual stories are set up through that. I haven't checked, so this is a shot in the dark.
04 April 2003, 11:10 AM
OleManiaC
If you are so desperate, you could find them short stories in thy books of Ray Bradbury and write them off! =

*MCL*
04 April 2003, 02:20 PM
dandelion
Why would stories which are still copyrighted be posted on the internet at all, and why would teachers tell students they are there when they're not? The last person looking for "The Smile" that way couldn't find it either.
04 April 2003, 03:58 PM
Mr. Dark
I think a lot of people (even teachers) forget copyright laws and just assume everything is on the internet. I have seen some contemporary sci fi stories posted, but these are still available at bookstores and libraries. If a current story is posted, I view it as a pleasant surprise rather than an expectation.
05 April 2003, 07:58 AM
OleManiaC
Heh, heck, what whould we else have could been using libaries to? :P~~