Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What was written where?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was written where?
 Login/Join

posted
I've often wondered which stories were written where.... I recall a YouTube video of Ray typing away in what I assume to be this house. I gather this is the Palms Springs house mentioned in The Bradbury Chronicles?
If so, I sure hope whoever owns it now appreciates what they've got and doesn't go re-modeling everything.... (And I wish I'd had the cash....)

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a find, skmckee! And a snip at half a million!

Jon Eller's forthcoming book BECOMING RAY BRADBURY will tell you pretty much what was written where, up to 1953 at least; I am reading an advance review copy at the moment. (And the sequel volume will likely do the same for the remainder of RB's career.)

In general, pre-MOBY DICK, it seems RB did most of his writing at home, usually in a garage. The exception is F451, which was mostly (and famously) written in the basement of the UCLA library on rented typewriters.

Without looking in THE BRADBURY CHRONICLES, I don't recall when the Bradburys got their second home in Palm Springs, nor when he started renting separate office space in LA, but I gather this was all post-MOBY DICK.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Wow, what a find, skmckee! And a snip at half a million!

A World War Two era bungalow, previously owned by a non-celebrity, on a lot the size of a postage stamp, will run you close to a million bucks here in Vancouver British Columbia. Really.

Anyhow, thanks for the info; shall have to check out Becoming Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post