Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    AGAIN? YES! MORE NEW RAY PHOTOS

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AGAIN? YES! MORE NEW RAY PHOTOS
 Login/Join

posted
NEW Photos added on Saturday, October 7th, 2006

NEW PHOTOS OF RAY BRADBURY INCLUDING A COUPLE DOZEN 1950's HEADSHOTS.

1: Go to:
http://www.catchaway.com

2: click on BRADBURY in the green bar area.

3: Find "Bradbury Personal Photos #2"

4: When there, go to the 2nd page. NEW PHOTOS start in the middle of the page.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Nard. Keep 'em coming!

I was particularly amused by the 'Ray with/without glasses' photos. I am as short-sighted as Ray, but am never photographed without specs.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And what about the "buzz" cut? As I look at the early photos of Ray and the most recent, it appears that his hairline has receded. But ten years ago as I sat across from him in his home, his hairline was fine.

But perhaps it is just because he seems to be combing it all forward instead of to the right or left. Nard, what would you say as you get to see him quite often these days?

And, of, thanks for posting the additional photos.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane1

Follicles are like life: hair today, gone tomorrow.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
As I look at the early photos of Ray and the most recent, it appears that his hairline has receded. But ten years ago as I sat across from him in his home, his hairline was fine.

What's this then? Rumours of a toupee live on!?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Follicles are like life: hair today, gone tomorrow.

A pun worthy of 4SJ!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Wonderful photographs. It's great to see studio photographs of Ray Bradbury other than what we are accustomed to from the older book jackets.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really dug them all, thanks again Nard! My favorite I think is The Jar. I wish I could blow that up to a poster. I liked the one with Fay Wray too. Did we have a celebrity list of the one's Ray hobnobbed (yet another awesome word) with going on in another thread? I bet he knew much of Hollywood's golden age stars and starlets.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the pics. thanks

Posts: 20 | Registered: 10 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A treasure of photos. Thanks for posting these.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post