Ray Bradbury Forums
AGAIN? YES! MORE NEW RAY PHOTOS

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/6141099852

08 October 2006, 12:29 AM
Nard Kordell
AGAIN? YES! MORE NEW RAY PHOTOS
NEW Photos added on Saturday, October 7th, 2006

NEW PHOTOS OF RAY BRADBURY INCLUDING A COUPLE DOZEN 1950's HEADSHOTS.

1: Go to:
http://www.catchaway.com

2: click on BRADBURY in the green bar area.

3: Find "Bradbury Personal Photos #2"

4: When there, go to the 2nd page. NEW PHOTOS start in the middle of the page.
08 October 2006, 12:38 AM
philnic
Thanks, Nard. Keep 'em coming!

I was particularly amused by the 'Ray with/without glasses' photos. I am as short-sighted as Ray, but am never photographed without specs.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
08 October 2006, 07:15 AM
biplane1
And what about the "buzz" cut? As I look at the early photos of Ray and the most recent, it appears that his hairline has receded. But ten years ago as I sat across from him in his home, his hairline was fine.

But perhaps it is just because he seems to be combing it all forward instead of to the right or left. Nard, what would you say as you get to see him quite often these days?

And, of, thanks for posting the additional photos.
08 October 2006, 09:11 AM
Nard Kordell
biplane1

Follicles are like life: hair today, gone tomorrow.
08 October 2006, 04:34 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
As I look at the early photos of Ray and the most recent, it appears that his hairline has receded. But ten years ago as I sat across from him in his home, his hairline was fine.

What's this then? Rumours of a toupee live on!?

"Live Forever!"
08 October 2006, 04:35 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Follicles are like life: hair today, gone tomorrow.

A pun worthy of 4SJ!

"Live Forever!"
09 October 2006, 12:55 PM
embroiderer
Thanks. Wonderful photographs. It's great to see studio photographs of Ray Bradbury other than what we are accustomed to from the older book jackets.
09 October 2006, 08:19 PM
rocket
I really dug them all, thanks again Nard! My favorite I think is The Jar. I wish I could blow that up to a poster. I liked the one with Fay Wray too. Did we have a celebrity list of the one's Ray hobnobbed (yet another awesome word) with going on in another thread? I bet he knew much of Hollywood's golden age stars and starlets.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
11 October 2006, 03:15 PM
Carapace Clavicle Moundshroud
I like the pics. thanks
11 November 2006, 05:57 PM
Phil Knox
A treasure of photos. Thanks for posting these.