Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Important question!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Important question!
 Login/Join

posted
In the story "The Pedestrian" does Mead talk to anybody? It's a T or F answer!;p

Posts: 3 | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a trick question! Read the story carefully.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does he or no? Just reply please! He talks to the police car and whispers to people through windows.

posted Hide Post
(Teachers: should I explain *why* it's a trick question, and either True OR False would be wrong on some level, depending on interpretation?)

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think ar53nal14 should make his/her own judgment. He/she clearly knows the "facts" as related in the story, so it should be a matter of applying the mind to the "meaning(s)".

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, it's not to determine if they're right or wrong! It's to make them THINK! Okay, then.

posted Hide Post
I thought it was absolutely clear. He was not "talking!"

He was "Walking! Just Walking!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does he? PLZ answer i need to know now!!!!!!!!

posted Hide Post
Well, ar53nal14 is persistent, I'll say that!

They're not having sport with you - they really want you to attempt an answer first, then they'll discuss it with you.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think needing to know NOW was yesterday!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not gonna do your homework for you.

or for me.

Thats probably why I failed my first year of high school and half of my second!

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post