Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury story?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury story?
 Login/Join

posted
I hope someone can help me identify a story that has haunted me since I was a young adult. I believe it is a Bradury story, very short as I remember it, and involved people buried in coffins more or less communicating through morse code by tapping on their coffins. I had thought it was a story in Dark Carnival, but I read it in some collection. Strange how some tales can stick with you, as this one I have tried to identify for over 30 years.

Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 13 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the story you to which you refer may be "Interim", as it originally appear in DARK CARNIVAL (Ray later re-used this title for a different story). This short story in DARK CARNIVAL involved the dead communicating among themselves about a resident of their cemetery giving birth.

Posts: 2461 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post