Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    On This Day in History
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On This Day in History
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
These are for Philnic:

1962: The Beatles released their hit Love Me Do in the U.K.

1969: Monty Python's Flying Circus first appeared on the British Broadcasting Corporation's BBC-1

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also in 1962, the first James Bond film was released the same day as the Beatles' first album.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Also in 1962, the first James Bond film was released the same day as the Beatles' first album.

Released on the 16th: http://www.amazon.com/Bond-On-...eywords=bond+on+bond

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man! I missed my ten year anniversary. By three days! On 2 October 2002, Doug Spaulding registered on the Bradbury board.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:

I thought The Beatles' first album was released on 22 March 1963! Perhaps I'm in error.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The NBC Nightly News the evening of the 5th said the Bond film and the Beatles album were both released on the same day in Britain, and Brian Williams is never wrong!

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, someone is wrong: the first Bond film and the first Beatles SINGLE ("Love Me Do") were both released on the same day in the UK in 1962.

http://www.channel4.com/news/t...me-do-fifty-years-on

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I didn't claim to be fully awake or in the same room when I heard it, just that I heard it.

posted Hide Post
Album, I mean.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Never more, never more...

Died 1849: Edgar Allan Poe

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Never more, never more...

Died 1849: Edgar Allan Poe

More, more!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Two authors were ALWAYS present on my classroom walls looking over my shoulder for so many years. From opening day to the final bell of each school year ~
"Papa"
http://www.eapoe.org/papers/misc1921/deasf62a.jpg

and, his "Son"

http://www.ncsx.com/2012/06041...l_Color_by_Pyrlo.jpg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On this day we honor Columbus in his hunt for the Orient to find cheap trade goods. He is the true reason we have FoxConn. Wink

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Little Nemo celebrates 107 years since first publication. Ray had a hand in getting it on the silver screen.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...Ray had a hand in getting it on the silver screen.

Indeed. He wrote a screenplay which was largely ignored, but they had to give him a credit for his conceptualisation. Info on the film here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...tures_in_Slumberland

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post