Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 125

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Religion 101 or How is the orange crop doing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Wow. If this was the Old Board the little folder icon for this topic would be flaming for sure!
Nothing ruffles feathers more than religious discussion! Mrs. Braling, being a seamstress, may take umbrage with patrask's earlier post in which he refers to "...a Muslin fanatic" !

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Nico:
click on:
www.raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/1591017703

Doug Spaulding: Navel oranges?

It doesn't look like that answer has anything to do with religion. Wink

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nico:
Obviously I misunderstand your question, or what you were referring to!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.....Thinking about starting a New Thread Forum title, by the name like, My Story, My History, or something along those lines. The purpose of this is for anyone to tell their story. Preferrably in occasional postings other than one massive Volume! No preaching (which has proven to be a stumbling block for some)...or rantings, or ego fired opinions, or name calling. Rather, good, clear writing of the person: their life! The person would be talking about themselves, how they came to be themselves!

..... This will undoubtedly (and that's why we are all here!!) ...this will undoubtedly involve Ray Bradbury! It will also, undoubtedly, include how we were affected by his writings, etc. But in general, an overview of our life as deep or as shallow as one would want to go.

.....I think by just laying out the facts, it would be a great store of material of ourselves as once an unaffected and now affected reader, as an individual on this planet, and who we were, and are today.

...... Roll Eyes.......

_______________________________________________________________________________________

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is GOD?
Meet the music and ideas drawing in millions of fans! Yep! Millions! Meet the NEW generation:
http://www.fourfa.com

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
Where is GOD?

Everywhere!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can't paint well, paint big.
If you can't play well, play loud!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjp451: Hey! Great video! I have lots of hummingbirds in the place I live. Sometimes it's very strange. They fly absolutely out of nowhere, just like a UFO, and stop right in front of you and hover (just like a UFO)...looking at you. And in a zziiiiiipp they are gone! Sometimes I am convinced they are looking at me straight in the eye and sizing me up! Other times I am sure they want me to take notice of something, zzziiiiiiip out of nowhere, look me straight in the eye, and then move over to some object or some area and appear to be communicating something to the effect of, 'check this out!' Are all hummingbirds like this?

posted Hide Post
Nard, I think the comment in the clip's narration gives us a hint on their energy levels and the zzzzzzziiiip, you so astutely recognize: they prefer 25% sugar levels in the nectar they consume. At least equal to their body weight each day~~~~~ now "THAT" is a high energy drink!

(Funny, I stopped to get a cup of coffee last night, as I was on the road again! Their was a fresh pot labelled "Danger!! Twice the Caffeine!" I chuckled out loud, which caused the young man behind the counter to give me a second look. When I asked him about it, he gave me the scoop on the super beans they use for this brew. He admitted it was just what he needed when he drew the "graveyard shift" of the all night quick stop.)

I like my coffee, but "Danger?!"

Hummerbirds are amazing, colorful little creations. No doubt!

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard: Those are just California Hummingbirds. Everything in CA is wired. The freeway is packed with over-caffinated drivers, screaming at each other while they are doing about 10 miles a hour, changing lanes to get one car ahead, so the USC guy can be infront of the UCLA guy, etc. Then the carbon monoxide from the Tijauna bound busses finally takes its toll, and the caffine wears off, and there is a rear ender, cause they tail gate and don't know the physics of a body in motion, etc. Ah, those Hummingbirds are just lookin' at you and thinkin' what the hell are you doing out here?

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil: Those hummingbirds are on to something. They know more than we do!

posted Hide Post
Look for the orange crop to do poorly, with all the bees dying out.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For an interesting and informative discussion (recorded a month or so ago), click on this and scroll down to Show #535 and have a listen.

http://www.metrofarm.com/mf_Food_Chain_Radio.php

posted Hide Post
That's one reason I'm growing tomatoes on my back deck.

Up next: a banana tree!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post