Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
free verse . . .. . . . or not.... to life
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Whoa, Dave, a little hostile. My warm welcome is surprisingly colder than it is to most others.

If you do not like a thread, you most certainly do not have to read it, or join in on the conversation at hand. Complaining is pointless, and only makes you sound like a meanie.

As Mog and Harvey101Blind have stated, this style of literary form, free-verse, has major relevance to Mr. Bradbury and his works, and you have been ignorant in your understanding of this. Good day, sir.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
...As Mog and Harvey101Blind have stated, this style of literary form, free-verse, has major relevance to Mr. Bradbury and his works...

Bradbury has often described his method of writing as "throw up in the morning, clean up at noon". He advocates writing first draft without any supervision by the intellect - but then bringing the intellect to bear in re-writing.

In fact, if you inspect any of the Bradbury manuscript pages that have been published, you will see that even Bradbury's first drafts are well constructed and far from being free-form writing.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave/l'pool artist:
lets keep this space free from the mindless chatter or whisperings you'd find on twitter or facebook, and if, it's possible to end this free verse ,, or not thread,,, and let the soap bubble burst and fade. Does the rest of the members agree ?

Yes.

Posts: 64 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 17 May 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Phil, but that's exactly what I meant! The free verse portion being the "throw up in the morning"...though there is far from any clean-up being undertaken. (chuckles)
I'm speaking metaphorically, of course.

My original point was to defend Harvey101blind from persecution and attack. He is a very dedicated bradbury fan and lover of his works; a little misguided in his writing but only because he wanted to share some of his personal feelings about the art of literature and writing.

Besides a little too much enthusiasm, where has he broken the rules?

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
iv'e had an idea for a story for awhile now , completely raybradbury-ish . i wonder if any of the people who talk to mr. bradbury would run it by him . just to hear his reaction . that seems rude having typed it out though . but oh well . the story is that in the not too distant future , a suit is invented through a series of breakthrough tech that allows people to be totally self sustaining in the suit , and to fly , the suit draws sustanence and energy from matter . a matter converter . anyway it's about a kid who get the suit and sails off to space like so many others , and explores the galaxy , but then starts remembering all the beauties of earth , and companionship , and starts searching for home feverishly . landing on planet after planet . it starts with him landing on a planet that isnt earth , and remembering earth and why he left . ............... i'm a little ways into it . i posted this on my thread so as not to bother any other threads .lol .

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
...My original point was to defend Harvey101blind from persecution and attack...

...Besides a little too much enthusiasm, where has he broken the rules?...

I don't see any persecution going on. harveyblind's posts have not been blocked, edited or censored.

I find his posts quite fun and amusing, and as long as there is some tenuous Bradbury connection, I have no problem with this thread continuing.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

<harvey101blind>
posted
philnic ,,,,,will you cuddle with me ?

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
ok i call this one schizo ...... . . . . . . ......
play their game pick it up , put it down , look this way , why do you lo0ok that way , whats wrong with you . being different is wonderfull . unless i dont like it then your crazy . pills and doctors , and hushed voices , blatantly patronizing eyes . whats your excuse whats your aliby , and why , cause your breathing so you better have one , or else , cause you are not yours , you are everyones , and well we dont like you very much .
and whats yours isnt yours either , so you better get use to that . how dare you have piece , how dare you have confidence of any kind . you are not yours , you are mine . i say wether and for how long , and how bright you might shine . so turn it off , oh but please dont be too hurt , and do forgive for you know it is so hard for me . and the
the sad thing is it's true . it is hard for you , and i do know it . the trouble is i am not mine , i was , i raged against the dieing of the light , but it was just a faint to burn me up and make me loose my focus , by the darkest of the hocus pocus , hidden behind view . taking a special interest in me , because it could sense i could sense it . and every now and again i'd pull the view for a few others . and though theyd crawl right back inside and pull back down the blinds , they couldnt really deny , that i'd shown a light through the lie .

Report This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
ok i think i have a way to solve these problems , how about this forum is changed to writing poems free verse or not , to express your interpritation , or emotions about specific bradbury stories . because honestly i just like writing , and i enjoy reading others writing , so just put the title of the story as the title of your poem and go from there ......sound good? can we agree on that ?

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys, one and all,
I guess my message was a bit harsh, I didn't mean it muddy your waters or cause a fall out,, but my point was only to get it back on track and Harvey I didn't want your thread pulled or censored and I apoligise to you, alone,, here and now... this is generally a good site and I don't want it to turn into a slagging match so can we draw a line and shake an imaginery hand... ! eh what do you say? I do like poetry as well and in the spirit of Ray's work and your free verse here my attempt here go's .........................

.. we should be free to walk at night,,we should be born with our rights,,to walk and talk and wonder at the wonderful,, but lets not fight no more and maybe talk some more.. the hounds not here so lets delight in the camp-fire's light and chat like fire flies turn on your light and shine ... and If it pleases you keep you rythmns coming,, crawling,,jump the wall but down fall in ,, the day begins with a million diamonds sparkling on a million green lawns.. don't cut or squash the dandilion's take the time to blow their essence's of time like stars they wanna shine,, here's the bottle,so cap the wine,, for gold's only metal on another planet, ,another time ,,look at what we can do and make and don't judge one another by one another,,,,
just shine your own light,,, shine an burn bright..

......................a nod, a wink , !!!!

<harvey101blind>
posted
that was f*cking magnificent. i hold no grudges against anyone . honestly . life is short ,. but that was beautifull . and i'm sure your glad u did it
hand shooken

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks,,, glad to hear that, me too grudges ain't any good , my hand's out to you and respect as well,,, from one who also feels and likes the power of the written word and in the spirit of ray ..
words are like stars ,, we only see them in the dark but there always there we just need to put them next to another word to create the magic, so let it start,,
yes it felt good to try,, but also it's hard work and takes it out of you, it reminds me of doing modern art, you get lost in the words like the paint and colours and when it's over, it's surprising what you've made ,cheers H,,

<harvey101blind>
posted
this is the hyper age , pen to page , saving grace of comunikay , ,
we pong eachother up the mental ladder , and serve through the reflective glass till it shatters ,
better than realising were all capitalists at heart , cut our ears to sell our art

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
When the practice started I did try to restrict poetry and fiction in the forum as it isn't a poetry and fiction forum as such and mainly because I don't have time to check it all for content, but people kept posting, for instance, round robin stories, so I gave up. As far as content, very little actually gets yanked.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Who thinks dave/l'pool artist and harvey101blind are the same person? They have remarkably similar habits in (non-)capitalisation of words and in punctuation.

- Phil