Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Patty Duke.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patty Duke was always a wonderful performer and generous humanitarian throughout her life. After reading William Gibson's play, my hs students and I were privileged to view the work of two true artists; Miss Duke, as the child Helen Keller, and Anne Bancroft, as her teacher Annie Sullivan.

Their acting in The Miracle Worker remains timeless.
A powerful moment in the history of cinema : Enlightenment!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUV65sV8nu0

Peace.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So what's the deal with all the great ones dying?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patty Duke went through a lot of 'trials and tribulations' during her life, including her time as a child actress. Sean Astin posted a nice tribute to her at Twitter.

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite country songwriters.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DS, Just saw this! Yes. . . Timeless and Legendary!

Here is Mr. Haggard - center stage - with many of his CW friends.
A loud round of applause so well deserved!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4AgZST_TG8

(Just two days ago I recorded some Merle Haggard music for my "on the road" travel tunes!)

Peace.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doris Roberts.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
A wonderful performer for decades on many very successful programs. Miss Roberts was flawless in her character as Mrs. Barone. Her artistry spanned a few generations when families could sit and be entertained and not exposed to profaned expressions with every other utterance.

We enjoyed her work with Peter Boyle, et al, as our boys were growing up, their grandparents laughing along with them.

Peace.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
A wonderful performer for decades on many very successful programs. Miss Roberts was flawless in her character as Mrs. Barone. Her artistry spanned a few generations when families could sit and be entertained and not exposed to profaned expressions with every other utterance.

We enjoyed her work with Peter Boyle, et al, as our boys were growing up, their grandparents laughing along with them.

Peace.

Enjoyed her every role and her lovely tribute to Sawyer Sweeten.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Artist named Prince
After enjoying John Prine's "Picture Show" video, I was then instantly saddened to read this: https://www.yahoo.com/news/pri...ssing-170445685.html

May the Purple Rain arrive with . . .
Peace.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
The Artist named Prince
After enjoying John Prine's "Picture Show" video, I was then instantly saddened to read this: https://www.yahoo.com/news/pri...ssing-170445685.html

May the Purple Rain arrive with . . .
Peace.

Sorry to hear it! I was dancing to "Raspberry Beret" in the store, then after I went home my neighbor came by the front fence and said he had died. It seems too many are leaving us too suddenly too soon.

posted Hide Post
This is a very belated RIP, but from searching the boards I don't think it has been mentioned before:

RIP theatre director Terrence Shank, who in the 1970s and 1980s directed plays by Ray Bradbury for the Colony Theatre in Los Angeles. His production of THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES (from Ray's script) won awards from the LA Drama Critics Circle.

http://articles.orlandosentine...use-icehouse-theatre

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gone from us three years ago today, the other Ray.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
William Schallert.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
We've lost one of our greatest songwriters. He's right up there with John Prine.

Another article.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"