Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Mary Shelley....Born on this day in 1797.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Edgar Rice Burroughs: Born September 1, 1875.

Ray called Burroughs, “the most influential writer, bar none, of our century. By giving romance and adventure to a whole generation of boys, Burroughs caused them to go out and decide to become special. I've talked to more biochemists and more astronomers and technologists in various fields, who, when they were ten years old, fell in love with John Carter and Tarzan and decided to become something romantic. Burroughs put us on the moon.”

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 90th birthday, Sid Caesar!

Happy birthday, Peter Sellers!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
William Sydney Porter (Born: September 11, 1862) Better known by his pen name O. Henry

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Barry White! You wuz da man!

Time: 4:51.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today would have been the 61st birthday of my pastor who passed away nearly two years ago. I am still upset and reserve my rage and contempt for all the "just forget him" types who don't even give credit to those who remember.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 96th, Mr Dahl! Roald is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Happy 105, Fay Wray!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Happy 88, Lauren Bacall!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Ok, Steve, I have to get to bed, but happy early birthday! Sixty-five on 21 September!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
H. G. Wells: 1866

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
"Ray Charles" Robinson: 1930
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRUjr8EVgBg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 92, Mickey Rooney! I want to work with you.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Happy 77, Killer!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
A man who helped a young Ray get his first story published in a mainstream publication:
Born 1924: Truman Capote (They are now neighbors for eternity)

John King Tarpinian