Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Nard,
First let me say that your distress at the way this thread has turned out shows a little naivete. you can not expect to post something about religion on an open forum on the net without getting some negative responces.

Now, I ask this. Why do you want us to pray for Mr. Bradbury?
Is it because he is ill or is it because he does not share your religious views and you think he needs saving?

If he is ill I certainly wish him all the best and prayer won't hurt.

If it's the latter then I think your being rather arrogent. Like many christians it is not enough for you to be saved you feel you have to seve everyone else even if they don't want it or need it. religion is a belief. You can't prove to me your right and I can't prove to you your wrong.

Personally I don't believe Mr. bradbury needs our prayers because if there is a god I don't think he decides who to let into heaven based on their denomination. I doubt he prefers one over another. And if anyone deserves to go to heaven it's Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 16 | Location: north carolina | Registered: 27 October 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
spacemanspiff~

Let me answer most of your questions, if not all:

Actually, I'm not right! Scripture let's me know what is right and what is wrong. And that's the standard I use. Not myself since I don't know right from wrong. On the other hand, God says (in scripture) that he has embedded truth into the fabric of man's soul and heart, so that as person is without excuse in knowing God. (And that has been used as it applies to people who never heard the Gospel).

Yes, God 'does not' allow those into heaven by determining their denomination.

Scripture demands ...it does not request it...but demands I express the 'word' to others and pray that they are allowed by God to be saved. I couldn't save anyone no matter how hard I tried because being saved is a God-thing. A God-decision. A God-act. A Holy-Spirit action.

No, Ray doesn't deserve to go to heaven. Guess what? Neither do I. Neither do you. Neither does my neighbor. Only perfect people go to heaven.No one is perfect. No one deserves heaven. It is God in me that prompts me to do good. So what is in me, apart from God, that does good and gives me acceptance to enter heaven?

What do I ask prayer for Ray Bradbury for?
Well, lately he has begun work on his great religious book, which he hopes to finish in about 2 years. So we're talking around 2010-2011 before the last words are penned. (or in Ray's case, dictated!) That'll bring Ray over the 90 year old threshold. So I'd ask prayer that Ray's health hold out and that he be overcome and overtaken by the Holy Spirit by the overwhelming 'grace' of God, and finish the book with great eloquence and finality.

Now that's a prayer I have!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Spell-check there, Spiffman.
Also, for religious discussion, see the "Religion 101" thread.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Spiff brings up an interesting question:

Is being offended by something a choice, or a compulsion?

99% of the time, it's the former.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
dictum de dicto Nico

I'd say taking offence was instinctive.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
dictum de dicto Nico

I'd say taking offence was instinctive.

Sir! I take offense to offence.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is getting weird. Not only have we drifted way off topic, but Tinkerbell has referred to me as "queen", and now Nico has called her "sir"!
Well, all I can say is "Klaatu Barada Nikto"!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ummmm, Nabu Da

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE] Sir! I take offense to offence.[/QUOTE]
Well you would; you're from the wrong side of the pond! I take offence that you say offense.

And Braling II - all I can say is the earth moved for me.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Aw shucks, Ma'am.

posted Hide Post
I wonder what Ray would think of us trying to pray him into heaven? Would he take offense (or offence)?

"We burn them to ashes and then burn the ashes That's our official motto."

Posts: 54 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 28 September 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
blackdog~
Offence? Naw!
Offense? Naw! No matter how you spell it.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but if he wanted to visit someone who had stolen goods with intent to buy and resell, and wanted to assess their value and saleability; with him on that visit he might take a 'fence'.

posted Hide Post
Braling II Are you sure it ain't spelt fense?

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/offense.html

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do I ask prayer for Ray Bradbury for?
Well, lately he has begun work on his great religious book, which he hopes to finish in about 2 years. So we're talking around 2010-2011 before the last words are penned. (or in Ray's case, dictated!) That'll bring Ray over the 90 year old threshold. So I'd ask prayer that Ray's health hold out and that he be overcome and overtaken by the Holy Spirit by the overwhelming 'grace' of God, and finish the book with great eloquence and finality.

Nard:

Can you drop me an email or give me a call on this? Thanks!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Report This Post