Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    POLITIC ALLEY
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 45

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITIC ALLEY
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
If anyone is going to get saved on this board...

No one is saved, but as the founder of Christianity, Paul tells us, that we are constantly running the race in hopes of obtaining this salvation.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, no wonder!

So I'll strike out that phrase in my Bible that it is not by works that I am saved, but in believing in the finished work of Christ.

From your statement, you have a lot of work to do since for you the finished work of Christ is not enough. Paul is referring to rewards. You are saved by the redemptive work of Christ. After being saved, you are now judged by your works. Come on, Douglas you didn't go to basic Bible classes?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Word>Spirit, Mr. Knox?

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
You are saved by the redemptive work of Christ.

So I surmise you hold with the Baptist belief of "once saved, always saved"?

quote:
Come on, Douglas you didn't go to basic Bible classes?

Advanced!

Hey, aren't we in the wrong thread?

I enjoy sparring with you Mr Knox - you should drive down the coast and see FH451 on 11/22, and I'll take you out for a cold drink, or (if you're not Mormon) a hot one!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
Word>Spirit, Mr. Knox?

Elaborate. I was never any good at math!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Word>Spirit, Mr. Knox?

Elaborate. I was never any good at math!

Does he believe that the word or letter of the law: That is, a single, mainstream interpretation, supersedes the spirit in which the law was conceived?

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does he believe that the word or letter of the law: That is, a single, mainstream interpretation, supersedes the spirit in which the law was conceived?

Your education was worth every penny!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Folks, I am an imperfect person, one who is learning each day new things about the universe and about myself. I hate no one. In years past I would not write about such things as I have said here, because I was not sure that I knew enough to take a stand.

My father was a late blooming Born-Again Christian who, bless his heart, attempted to pass on to me the truth as he saw it and belived, as some here do, that a life in Christ is the way to happiness.

If he were here now I would say to him that his heart was in the right place, but that he did not have all of the information that reflects on the history of his chosen religion. I would thank him for loving me so much that he cared to even try to make me see the Light.

Dear Dad. I have continued my path to enlightenment each day of my life. I am now comfortable in my own skin and can talk, not preach, to others about how their beliefs are only part of truth. If you will, now let me help you to see what I have found to be the truth and how it has made me a better person who can love anyone, respecting their differences and their choices, while being me in my skin. I will hurt no one deliberately. I will help those who wish to know what I have learned. I will feel their pain in trying to make me see the world though their eyes. I thank you for putting me on the path that I have followed. I fear not death, it will be another learning experience and I, or my spirit, as you so eloquently called my essence, will join with yours and others to return from which we came. This living experience has been the most moving and beautiful time and I have appreciated every day that I was allowed to live.

My hope for Mankind was also shared by Ray Bradbury who pointed to the stars and told us we must go there to fulfil our destiny as creatures of God. Fear not, you did a great job!

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tsk!
tsk!
tsk!

What a mess here.

Bravo for your father, patrask. A way to happiness? Not quite now. Only ultimately. In the meanwhile, you dive below the surface of the ocean of life and see and fight all those subterranean creatures with no names. The difference is Christ already fought all those nasty squids and giant StingRays. As you follow Christ you get bruised as well and learn about life like no other way. as your character is newly formed by God and not by man.

Well, enough talking religion. Oh, Im' sorry, there is one more. Douglas Spaulding, do I hear some reluctance in your posting that seems to say, I have to Do Something? All you have to do is live each day learning about what God already has done for you. That will take every ounce of energy you have, will bring you to fight every battle you can possibly think of, and thru it all, you must maintain with all your strength the understanding that takes hold of your mind and heart of all that God already has done for you. And what is that? Everything. It's a learning process, Douglas. All of life is a process of learning to say Thank You to God.

As to Politics
It Stinks!

I don't like either. But there are others running for President. I forgot how many. I heard as many as twelve others+. Ron Paul, for Instance. Robert Barr is another. Alan Keyes, who was defeated by Obama in the Illinois Senate. He's running. Obama will have spent some $650,000,000- $750,000,000.00 million dollars on his campaign. Nuts!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Presidential_Candidates

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26056401/

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
I don't like either. But there are others running for President. I forgot how many. I heard as many as twelve others+. Ron Paul, for Instance.

I sure agree with you there. Ron Paul is my man, by the way.

The problem with the "third parties", as I have often said, is that there are too many of them! They're too divided.

Roughly a third of America is independent enough to fit into a third party, but they're all divided, and thus, weakened. If the Green, the Reform, the Libertarian, the Constitution, the Independent et cetera would just drop their extreme views, hold firm on the common-sense, middle-of-the-road views and come together to re-form one major third party (we could call it, say, the Libertarian Party), then they could successfully face the two major parties, or, as I call them, the Stupid Party and the Evil Party.

But they won't.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Goodbye, cruel world.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Inaction.

One cannot be free without action. Change comes thru action.

There's no such thing as a conservative hero.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
What sort of change are we talking about here, Doug?

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My choice for
Conservative Hero!

ImageJVpix.jpg (56 Kb, 6 downloads)

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To all Californians:

VOTE NO ON H-8

To all others:

This time, ask yourself if intellegence matters in your choice for the next four years. Lack of same has gotten us into the present condidtion, we are lower in the eyes of the world, we are diminished in our ability to change policies through economic and/or physical influence, and we are ridiculed by others who think we have lost our way.

Let the pendulum swing back toward the center again, balance is what is needed and a steady, thoughtful hand on the tiller.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post