Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Help me find this story.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me find this story.
 Login/Join

posted
I cannot remember the name of Ray Bradbury's story in which a very young student falls in love with his teacher. Help me please!

Posts: 1 | Location: Home | Registered: 26 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds like "These Things Happen" (also known as "A Story of Love"). You can find it in three of Bradbury's books:

Long After Midnight
The Stories of Ray Bradbury
Summer Morning, Summer Night

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about "The Emissary"?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
How about "The Emissary"?

No, that's the one where a very young student who is fond of his teacher is ill in bed and has his dog go out and come back covered in leaves and burrs and bits of earth as if from a grave leading to the spooky conclusion that she might be dead.

Good guess, though.

That reminds me, whatever happened to the "name the Bradbury story" thread?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was responding to the "very young" part of the query. As I recall, "A Story of Love" is about adults; that is, if it's the one about vanilla lime ice.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
...As I recall, "A Story of Love" is about adults; that is, if it's the one about vanilla lime ice.

No, it's not about adults. (And no, it's not about vanilla lime ice!) I read it just t'other day. Here it is on Pavel's site:

http://raybradbury.ru/library/story/51/9/0/

The one you're describing is the one where Bill Forrester has lime vanilla ice with 95-year-old Helen Loomis. That's called "The Swan".

- Phil