Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Dark They Were and Golden Eyed

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dark They Were and Golden Eyed
 Login/Join

posted
read it in the 5th grade. I haven't seen my copy since. I ducked in every "science ficti n" story I could lay my hands on. It may be in the attic. I remember it made me want to travel to Mars and beyond. I love the way Mr. Bradbury writes. He took me places no one else could. I will find my book this weekend.....

Posts: 1 | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
kitten, The Martian Chronicles is there at the local bookstore as well!

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The page is in another language!

I can't find The Martian Chronicles in my library or the nearest bookstore. I think they keep running out...

Posts: 5 | Location: Florida | Registered: 07 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck finding "The Martian Chronicles" used.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...also: http://www.abebooks.com

Type in book title and author, and Ole'. Nearly 1,000 various copies available of 'The Martian Chronicles'

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dame~Tus~Alas:
The page is in another language!

It's in Russian! When I posted the link (March 2006), it was to the English text. Pavel has revised his website recently, and it looks as if the English texts have been removed.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here you go, Kitten! "Dark They Were..."
http://immersion.raybradbury.ru/english/4/7/

Full page for English texts of many RB stories, here: http://immersion.raybradbury.ru/

I use this all the time for my Lit. classes. Great stories and the kids can go on line and read away... ENJOY!

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Better than nothing, but these aren't full texts, fjp451 (unless I'm missing something). Pavel used to have complete stories on his site - hundreds of them, some in Russian, some in English.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Phil, Right. Huh. What happened? I actually used this site just about a week back. Maybe copyrights? Though I had filed hard copies, this abridged format and then the reference to the book found in is definitely a recent change.

If K is still around, go to this Google search:
fficial" TARGET=_blank>http://www.google.com/search?q=dark+they+were+and+golde...zilla:en-USRed Facefficial

Click on the second site listed - it starts with:
"www.myinternet.com.au/edu/english/documents/10_Eng..." (It will need to be opened into a word document, if you can do it.))

The entire story is there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Pavel is reading this, perhaps he would like to comment. It's a shame not to have instant access to Ray's stories (I found it very useful in my teaching, as I'm sure many others did), but I was always bothered by the copyright issues.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Could it possibly be copyright related? Ray has never been paid for either his books or his movies in Russian, so why would they be starting in on websites?

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post