Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    short story help

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

short story help
 Login/Join

posted
I'm an a.p. high school student. On Friday our teacher assigned me a paper, I need to read 3 short stories that Mr. Bradbury has written. I then need to write about the stories. In the town where I live the library is closed for one month. Is there anywhere on-line that I can find some stories? Thank you so much. By the way the paper is due on Monday!

Posts: 2 | Location: Tehachapi,Ca,USA | Registered: 19 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say this with all possible fondness, because I am sure you are a great person Lela, but if you got the assignment on Friday, why are you waiting until almost 4:30 PM on Sunday to do something about it? A bookstore, either new or used, would have been my first stop, but I'm sure they are all closed by now. Sorry to be lecturing....

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lela:
YES!
There are several short stories online on this Bradbury website, including full length on-line, the novel Fahrenheit 451. I have to locate where it is. Soon as I find it, I'll let you know the location.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 10-19-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lela:

Stay in this Forum

But scroll down to 09 03 2003, 11:59PM
It will read:
Complete Bradbury Short Stories/ Poetry etc. OnLine

You will find OnLine, the following complete short stories:
"A Sound of Thunder"
"The One Who Waits"
"The Veldt" (This one may take a little time to download, since it has extensive color graphics)
AND:
The complete novel, Fahrenheit 451.
Fahrenheit in is Acrobat Reader.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 10-19-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, our library is closed and my town is very little so we don't have a "book store" sorry I waited so long teacher. Thankyou so much for helping Nard! My teacher ended up giving us another day because nobody in the class could find short stories, so thankyou again! Do you know the website?

Posts: 2 | Location: Tehachapi,Ca,USA | Registered: 19 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post