Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Short Story
 Login/Join

posted
There once was a short story by Bradbury, named Tallie. I'd love to read it again but have never come across it since the first time I read it. Help, anyone? Thanks Val

Posts: 4 | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only character named Tally in Bradbury's work appears in "The Lake," to be found in "The October Country" and "The Stories of Ray Bradbury."

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Dandelion! I think I may have mis-remembered my story: it was about a girl named Tallie...who drowned in a lake! The Lake...Yeah! Thanks for straightening that out, now I'll be able to find it! Cool!
By the way...thank God, Bradbury's still alive but tell me--is Wally Wood still here as well? That man drew The Most Beautiful Women that ever were drawn. He could draw monsters, guys with guns--whatever. But you always looked for his women before anything else.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury called "The Lake" his first really good short story. It was originally written when he was twenty-two.

Wally Wood is no longer living. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Wood

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wally Wood sure did like drawing those cutie-patooties but what about those rocket ships? Who-boy! The interior of those rocket ships. What a sense of wonder they generated.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, when I think of Wally Wood, I think of the early MAD Magazine!

patooties?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. Patooties. Same as babies.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wally Wood was truly one of the greatest of all the EC artists. I for one will never forget his brilliant work in illustrating Ray Bradbury's, "There Shall Come Soft Rains."

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post