Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Exchange
 Login/Join

posted
Exchange is a beautiful story from the collection of short stories Quicker Than The Eye. It is a heartfelt and poetic look at an exchange one evening between a librarian and a former patron. I liked the story immediately when I read it, and it became one of my favorites.

Upon meeting Ray for the first time several years ago at Vagabond Books in Los Angeles, he signed my copy "Good Wishes!". We talked briefly and I mentioned that his story Exhcange stood out as my favorite. He did not hestitate to turn to that page and and added his signature and date under the title. I highly recommend that story to anyone who loves to read and appreciates a good library.

Thanks and Best Wishes,

Barry Douglas

Posts: 10 | Location: Florence, Alabama | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good one, B.D! I like it too, and (as they say)can relate. I still go to our local library at least twice a week. They (the staff) know me by my first name, though I know only 2 or 3 of theirs.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
O.K. Did you get the Thomas Wolfe reference in the story? I just returned from Vacation in Asheville, North Carolina. Next to my hotel was the T.W. house. And when I re-read the story I was mildly spooked by that. What's up B II?

Thanks and Best Wishes,

Barry Douglas

Posts: 10 | Location: Florence, Alabama | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have to read it again! It's been awhile...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brailling,

(quest for knowledge here) Are you interested in SF?
as in Science Fiction . I think Exchange has a tint of
that. Next is some musical adventures for myself ( can
not speak for anyone else). How is Ray?

Barry Smiler

Thanks and Best Wishes,

Barry Douglas

ImageBDBExtNight_copy_1.jpg (2 Kb, 3 downloads) My First CD Recording