Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Dandelion Wine
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dandelion Wine
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
MAC: for those who can pay the very highest price for the easiest to use and then only talk to others of the same bent. It is a small universe for MAC users out there. They must realize that they are out numbered by thousands to one by those who spent less and can talk to anyone with a computer.

Example: when my wife was still teaching I gave her an older PC and had her using it with the kids to teach basic kindergarten stuff using very cheap software that cost me almost nothing to set up. She used that for many years. And then the school district in their infinite wisdom, got a deal from Apple to install new MAC systesm and the whole school was to conntect together using those. Result, no one can talk to anyone, because they have not been TRAINED to use the MAC software, and there is no support in the school system for problems that continually arise. They sit on the desk and gather dust, while my old trusty PC, several generations behind what is currently available, runs everything that comes along, easily and quickly, without any necessary support from the school district.

Lesson: beware of what you invest in. go against the grain at your peril. What looks easier is sometimes just not capable of doing the job.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
It is a small universe for MAC users out there.

The few. The proud. The Mac Corp.

quote:
Result, no one can talk to anyone, because they have not been TRAINED to use the MAC software...

I was surprised and delighted that when I went from the Dark Side (PC) to the Force (Mac) about ten years ago, I had to learn virtually nothing - in fact, I had to unlearn all the difficult stuff that came with Windows, and simply plug and play. I was surfin' in five minutes! The Blue Screen of Death? Nope. The dreaded Hang Up and Freeze? Hardly ever. Viruses? Chuckle. I'll never go back.

quote:
Go against the grain at your peril.

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way!

Ray Bradbury to Bill Gates: "Bill, I don't do Windows!"

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post