Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Another Please help
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Please help
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Porkchops.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Muttonchops.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's it, muttonchops.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Asimov once said that he was incapable of metaphor. He was a wonderfully entertaining writer though and perhaps one of the greatest teachers who ever lived.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C-31,

Lack of metaphors??? Perhaps that's it. I have countless anthologies edited by Asimov and his introductions are often better than the stories themselves. The man was hilarious. He left behind definitive roadmaps and historical, as well as hysterical, accounts of the growth and maturation process of Science Fiction. He was the genres greatest personality and its biggest superstar. But, I think he was far from being SF's best writer.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"