Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Do you know this story?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you know this story?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

In the early 1970s I read a Ray Bradbury story for my English O Level. It was about a machine/animal left on a planet to collect living things of a certain weight. The man that was running from it was caught but when lifted up was under weight and set free. What was this called? Do you know what book would I find it in. Many thanks RITA

Posts: 2 | Location: England, Kent | Registered: 21 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never caught this one in any English class. Bradbury? I'd say no. But if it is, facing the corner looms...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It may not be quite what you're looking for, but "Thunder in the Morning" from the book Driving Blind sounds similar. In this one, though, it's a street sweeper, and someone or something is stuck inside, though the man operating the machine is reluctant to let it out. I don't know if that is any help, but there ya go.

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another for the not-Ray pile.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Taking to some one from school and they said its was called "The Rhumm" roohm? Any one?

Posts: 2 | Location: England, Kent | Registered: 21 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post