Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

95 Theses 95
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Spaulding, Really, what is all this Theses krhap anyway?

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
70. When I hear about deprivation and injustice in the world, I get up and change the channel.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spaulding. Don't know what it is? krhap. Just pronounce it out.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
71. What can I do? It's not my fault. I didn't make them. God did. It's His world, let Him take care of it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
72. Anyway, I was brought up to believe that whatever happens to people is their own fault. There were few if any disasters that you couldn't explain by citing the mistakes made by the victims. "She never should have been there in the first place." Even if you had to go back thirty years, you could find where they took the wrong fork in the road that led directly to their house burning down, their car being hit by a truck, their hands being eaten by corn pickers.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding
73. And then I discovered that the old car I was driving was possessed by a Bishop Spong. And it never went to the right service dealer or repair shops, but insisted in going to places that didn't' know diddly about transmissions or suspension joints but glossed over everything with a coating of corn starch and perfume, thinking that it would fix everything. I knew better. But then only when I couldn't figure a way to jump from the speeding car going downhill. The other times I drove or sat in a daze.

"Leave Forever"

posted Hide Post
73. If they had been more like you, they would have been all right. But they weren't paying attention. They lacked your strong sense of cruelty and hopelessness of the world.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
74. You misdirected me as surely as if you had said the world is flat and north is west and two plus two is four; i.e., not utterly wrong, just wrong enough so that when I took the opposite position--the world is mountainous, north is east--I was wrong, too, and your being wrong about the world and north made me spend years trying to come up with the correct sum of two and two, other than four. You gave me the wrong things to rebel against. My little boat sailed bravely against the wind, straight into the rocks. Your mindless monogamy made me vacillate in love, your compulsive industry made me a prisoner of sloth, your tidiness made me sloppy, your materialism made me wasteful.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Oh, okay, thanks. This is a little bit tedious.
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Hey, Rocky, Doug explains the source Garrison Keillor) in his intro, posted 08 November 2008 11:33 AM...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
75. I wasted years in diametrical opposition, thinking you were completely mistaken, and wound up living a life based more on yours than if I'd stayed at home.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Twenty more to go. Place your bets on whether Spaulding will complete this by Xmas. 2008, that is!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
76. Because you always went to bed at ten, I stayed up half the night, chain-smoking (you were opposed to cigarettes), drinking straight gin (you didn't drink), and, given time, might have cut off my arm, it being yet another thing you would never have done.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
77. I wasted some good years thinking proudly that I wasn't anything like you. Having grown up with ugly wallpaper, I painted all my walls off-white and thought I'd finally arrived. Bought a white couch, yours having been purple. My place looks like February.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding is this autobiographical?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
78. I resist washing my dishes because it makes me feel obedient: the sink is disgusting.

"Live Forever!"