Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Please i.d. this story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please i.d. this story
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone, first time poster here.

I'm pretty sure this is a Bradbury story; I read it in grade school, a short one about a guy who sends an editor a manuscript, but the editors accuse him of plagiarizing a "famous" author that the protagonist has never heard of. He asks the editors to name even one story that the famous author (whom he's supposedly plagiarized) has written, but no one can. In the end, the guy thinks he may actually be the author they're thinking of, even though he's never published a work, because he's either time travelled or had some weird link to the famous author. I'm a little shady on the details about the protagonist's connection to the other author, but I think that's it. Does that sound like Bradbury to anyone? I'm having a devil of a time with it.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bradbury Meter:

Bradbury: 0.2%

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By a very long stretch of the imagination he might mean "Quid Pro Quo".

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that the one about Tom Wolfe?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It definitely wasn't quid pro quo...there's no actual time traveler, just an author who suspects time travel or psychic connection with the famous author for whom no extant literature exists. I thought it was Bradbury but if the "Bradbury meter" is that low, I'll have to redirect my search. But thank you for taking the time.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Classic: What is E.G. Robinson being fed by C. Heston?
http://users.telenet.be/israpales/blog/twist_soylent.jpg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People?

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not people!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been a VERY long time, but was it jam?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...what flavor?

posted Hide Post
Again, I haven't seen this for I don't know how many years, but if memory serves, strawberry?