Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    I would love some help !

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I would love some help !
 Login/Join

posted
Over ten years ago I read two short stories in school. One was about a neighborhood where all electronics stop working, and everyone starts blaming one another, and I believe someone gets shot eventually.

The other story, which I am very very curious about, is one where two girls encounter people selling these amazing candies that make the girls feel all different types of memories. Afterwards, they go into a machine which lets them loose weight instantly.

PLEASE! Does anybody have any idea what these stories are? I could have sworn they were Ray Bradbury's!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 20 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to help, but I don't recognise these as Bradbury stories. (Doesn't mean they're not, but they don't sound very Bradbury-like to me.)

I think somebody previously posted a question about the electricity-not-working story a couple of weeks ago - try doing a search in case it's already been answered.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Meghann:
One was about a neighborhood where all electronics stop working, and everyone starts blaming one another, and I believe someone gets shot eventually.

That was Rod Serling's The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street. One of his best!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post