Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Who's Afraid of Friday the 13th?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's Afraid of Friday the 13th?
 Login/Join

posted
Just wondered.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not afraid unless:

I am a Knight Templar and this is 1307 and The Church is about to commit the most heinous of crimes against the order of the Rosy Cross in the name of our saviour and the pursuit of riches and power. I think of Jacques de Molay roasting on the firey spit and with his last agonizing breath condemming the then Pope and the King of France to join him in death within the year. It came to pass.

Such are the things that are done in the Name of Jesus.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only of FRIDAY THE 13TH:
I will find myself in huge bad circumstances if I dare to agitate any of the duck feathers in any down-comforters or pillows I may own. Doing so will bring me into a circumstance dealing with the wrath of the super-secret order of ducks and drakes, known to but a very few. Roasting, also, on a fiery spit has been known to occur.

Such things that are done in the Names of Donald Duck, Super Duck, and Howard the Duck. (And Scrooge McDuck, where the pursuit of riches and power are present.)

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr Knox, have you been drinking? Just wondering. Good way to celebrate F13, by the way.

To answer the question: Only at night, by myself, with the lights out and Friday the 13th in the DVD player.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
I am not afraid unless:

I am a Knight Templar and this is 1307...

Good job, Mr Trask!

http://www.jacquesdemolay.org/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If something should happen, may you enjoy the benevolent protection of the Aflac duck.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not afraid Friday the 13th, because nothing happend with me in this date. But my father, he was a sailor, told me stories. When Friday the 13th was every time on their ship happend some inexplicably troubles

Sorry, for my bad English

Posts: 30 | Location: Russian Federation, Taganrog | Registered: 03 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've found that there are a certain amount of luck inverts in the world... those who have had terrible luck on every other day of the year will have extraordinary luck, on this, the most unlucky day of the yesr. I speak from experience. The thirteenth was most fortunate for me.

then again, I also derive great lcuk from Cats. Black cats in particular. They really are all knowing.......<3

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildGravity:
then again, I also derive great luck from Cats. They really are all knowing.

My familiar is a beautiful blue Nebulung named Romani Silver-Knight. Remind me, and I'll post a photo.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I love all the kitties of the world on every day of the year.

posted Hide Post
Kitties are my favourites of all God's creatures!

(This does not belong in the religion thread!)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Have you seen the thing that was going around sometime back about a typical Day In The Life of a Cat opposed to that of a Dog? I can dig it up and post it here if anyone's interested...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interest generated.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
OK, Here 'tis. (Sorry it takes up so much space.)

DOG DIARY
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with my people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

CAT DIARY
Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets.

Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.

In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am.

Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking.
I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move.

My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe...

For now...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favourite line: "He is obviously retarded."

Who else read this in a Stewie Griffin voice?

Long live the feline - long may they reign!

"Live Forever!"