Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    A Sound of Thunder

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Sound of Thunder
 Login/Join

posted
There is a rare time when I can say that a few pages of literature have altered my views on life. However, Mr. Bradbury's A Sound of Thunder has done that for me. I read it when I was a Freshman in high school, and it was one of those stories that sticks with you, mentally. I recently graduated with a Biology degree, and have used this story when thinking about evolution or even philosophy in general. I don't wish to sound a bit strange when I say how much this story inspired me; however, it truly has had me analyze the world around me differently. I start wondering would the world be different if I run this stop light, or should I stop. What's the impact in 15 minutes none-the-less 64million years. I really hope that Mr. Bradbury understands that this story has not only provided entertainment for the masses, but a better understanding (or realization of how much we do not understand) of the domino effect that is life. Although I would love a response to this, I understand that Mr. Bradbury is a busy man. I only hope that he can get wind of even a slight breeze of how this one simple story has affected me, and how grateful I am... Thank You

Posts: 1 | Registered: 29 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's destined to affect many more when the movie comes out on Labor Day!

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post