Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lemon Ice
 Login/Join

posted
Help! Over the years I'm sorry to say I've lost some of my Ray Bradbury collection. There's one particular story I'm searching for at the moment--I feel it would greatly inspire a young friend of mine--and unfortunately I neither have the book in which the story appeard, nor can I remember story/book title.
The story is about a young writer/reporter who sees a young woman's photo in a newspaper and is impelled to search her out and meet her. Upon locating the woman, he finds that she is quite elderly, the newspaper photo of her having been one taken in her youth. Despite the differences in their ages, the two find that they are kindred spirits. The woman tells the young man that someday he will find someone to love who is more suitable, closer to his own age, etc. I seem to remember some mention of "...look for the girl who orders a lemon ice at the soda fountain..."
Does this ring any bells with anyone? I would so appreciate any help. Thanks so much!

Rebecca

Posts: 2 | Location: Johnson City, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Dandelion Wine.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's "The Swan," which appears untitled as part of "Dandelion Wine," and it was lime-vanilla ice.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much, dandelion & green shadow! I really appreciate your help!
sincerely, texisred

Rebecca

Posts: 2 | Location: Johnson City, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post