Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    help me find a title?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help me find a title?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
I'm looking for a title of a short story that I read many years ago. I'm not even sure if Bradbury wrote it. It is about a man who travels back in time with a tour group. He accidently steps off the path on a butterfly. When he returns to the present time, the world is different because of his actions. Anyone who can help me with a title?
Thanks,
emess

Posts: 4 | Registered: 04 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Sound Of Thunder, I believe it is included in the book of short stories The Golden Apples Of The Sun, R Is For Rocket, a few others maybe.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
emess:

How can this be? You didn't see the motion picture recently in theatres? Then run off to the nearest video store and rent it: 'The Sound of Thunder', based on Bradbury's short story in question. Oh yes, that's also the name of the short story you are looking for...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
How can this be? You didn't see the motion picture recently in theatres?

I think I blinked and missed it too!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I certainly didn't see it in ANY theater...and I was looking!

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think I posted the official website long while back. Here's one I found again! It's the same as the original Theatrical website, expect this one now is promoting the DVD as well. Additionally, it has a flash site, which it didn't have in the beginnin version. Chicago papers ran full page, and quarter page ads for the opening in theaters.

http://www.asoundofthunder.warnerbros.com/
Okay, this link doesn't co=operate. So, go to GOOGLE, and simply type in A sound Of Thunder Official Movie Site. It'll give you the link. When you physically type it in, it doesn't take you there. Go figure.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps why no one saw it at the theaters is because it flew in and out of the theater quicker than that butterfly being chased by a pack of hungry butterfly eating dinosaurs. It was said to cost about $80 Million dollars, but took in total box office receipts of less than 2 million dollars.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have it on DVD, but I'm afraid to watch it as I fear the worst. I'm told it's not bad if you put all thoughts of Bradbury out of your head after the first couple of minutes, but I don't think I can do that!

I'm still quite fond of the TV version of the story - info about it here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the title! I'll also look for the film version.
emess1024

Posts: 4 | Registered: 04 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post