Ray Bradbury Forums
help me find a title?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/5041081182

04 January 2007, 03:46 PM
emess
help me find a title?
Hi,
I'm looking for a title of a short story that I read many years ago. I'm not even sure if Bradbury wrote it. It is about a man who travels back in time with a tour group. He accidently steps off the path on a butterfly. When he returns to the present time, the world is different because of his actions. Anyone who can help me with a title?
Thanks,
emess
04 January 2007, 03:55 PM
rocket
A Sound Of Thunder, I believe it is included in the book of short stories The Golden Apples Of The Sun, R Is For Rocket, a few others maybe.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
04 January 2007, 03:57 PM
Nard Kordell
emess:

How can this be? You didn't see the motion picture recently in theatres? Then run off to the nearest video store and rent it: 'The Sound of Thunder', based on Bradbury's short story in question. Oh yes, that's also the name of the short story you are looking for...
04 January 2007, 04:16 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
How can this be? You didn't see the motion picture recently in theatres?

I think I blinked and missed it too!

"Live Forever!"
04 January 2007, 08:46 PM
dandelion
I certainly didn't see it in ANY theater...and I was looking!
04 January 2007, 09:14 PM
Nard Kordell
Think I posted the official website long while back. Here's one I found again! It's the same as the original Theatrical website, expect this one now is promoting the DVD as well. Additionally, it has a flash site, which it didn't have in the beginnin version. Chicago papers ran full page, and quarter page ads for the opening in theaters.

http://www.asoundofthunder.warnerbros.com/
Okay, this link doesn't co=operate. So, go to GOOGLE, and simply type in A sound Of Thunder Official Movie Site. It'll give you the link. When you physically type it in, it doesn't take you there. Go figure.
04 January 2007, 09:28 PM
Phil Knox
Perhaps why no one saw it at the theaters is because it flew in and out of the theater quicker than that butterfly being chased by a pack of hungry butterfly eating dinosaurs. It was said to cost about $80 Million dollars, but took in total box office receipts of less than 2 million dollars.

05 January 2007, 01:07 AM
philnic
I have it on DVD, but I'm afraid to watch it as I fear the worst. I'm told it's not bad if you put all thoughts of Bradbury out of your head after the first couple of minutes, but I don't think I can do that!

I'm still quite fond of the TV version of the story - info about it here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
05 January 2007, 01:57 PM
emess
Thank you for the title! I'll also look for the film version.
emess1024