Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    The Screaming Woman-Real? or not?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Screaming Woman-Real? or not?
 Login/Join

posted
i need to find if she is real or not for school. please tell me if she is real or fake it depends on my whole grade for the semester! thankyou very much

is she real?!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 11 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you think and why? Then we can provide our perspective. We aren't here just to answer questions for students who are supposed to be learning how to think and analyze literature and story. You do something, then we can assist or comment or whatever.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i think no, i just thought u read the story and knew
why i do: we argued in class and everyone decided that she existed. but then the teacher told us tomorrows lesson was deception. so, a spark came up in my brain and i knew it was a trick...i just wanted to see if i was correct so i dont get an "f" for the semester...thanks

is she real?!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 11 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's an interpretive work, so there's no right or wrong answer. But I think she's real.

Surely your schoolmarm or master wouldn't award you an F just for one day's work!

Tell Teacher she's real, then argue your point. If you have a convincing one, you can't lose.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Again, what do you think? (Real or not real?) and why do you think that (evidence from the story).

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can I enroll in your class(es) - you guys are really good teachers! I wish I had more like you when I was in school.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's do it, man. This kind of thing doesn't really seem like work to me. I wish I hadn't screwed up so bad in school, because back then, I was convinced it was all useless and boring and difficult and stupid and brainwashing and sucked and... stupid. And I think I just acted like I hated myself and everybodyelse and wanted to die. But actually, I was just being a spoiled brat. Smiler But I'm all better now Smiler

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post