Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Dandelion Wine

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dandelion Wine
 Login/Join

posted
I have been hooked on Ray Bradbury since my 7th grade teacher read "Dandelion Wine" to our class, back in 1980 or 1981 (I learned what color puce was from the description of sneakers!). Dr. David Wiley (Cheshire, CT) was my most favorite teacher-EVER-and now that I have children, I find it amazing that our class listened to him read, much less LOVED what he read! Mr. Bradbury's descriptions are tangible...you can touch, taste, smell and hear EVERYTHING. I am humbly in love with his stories and just wanted to say so!

Posts: 2 | Location: Atco, NJ, USA | Registered: 17 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh yes, he describes things that are indescribable. especially those sneakers in Dandelion Wine. have you ever smelled brand new sneakers? its wonderfull!

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post