Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What story is this?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What story is this?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi - I have looked all over the web and found this board, and I figured someone here would know this story. I could swear it is a Ray Bradbury story, but maybe not. Anywhere, he goes. It's a story about what happens when people can hear what animals are thinking. Like the cat wants to know when it's litter box is getting changed, etc. etc. Anybody?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 13 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saki (H. H. Munro) wrote a story called "Tobermory" about a professor who teaches a cat to talk, with disastrous results. (Ray's stories are SO reminiscent of Saki's I was AMAZED that he claims not to have read, or at least been influenced by, them.) Roald Dahl wrote "The Sound Machine," which appeared in a book Ray edited, about a professor who invented a machine to translate plants' feelings, also with pretty unhappy results.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post