Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Yep, I too am looking for a story title.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yep, I too am looking for a story title.
 Login/Join

posted
I desperately need to know what is the title of this story, and if Ray Bradbury even writes it. My English teacher told me about it. It takes place on halloween night. Some kids are playing that game where you put food into bowls and say, "this is the brains, the heart, etc." It turns out they were feeling the real body parts of a person who was murdered. HELP!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is a Ray Bradbury story, "The October Game."

(I rejoice when I know an answer, I doubly rejoice when a story identified as one of Bradbury's actually was written by him!)

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I was worried it wasn't and I'd look like an idiot. You don't know how grateful I am!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm threatening to list all the stories falsely attributed to Bradbury. Even not counting novels, it's enough to fill several anthologies.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post