Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name the Ray Bradbury Story
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 58

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Ray Bradbury Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
From A Medicine for Melancholy

The sun came out.

It was the color of flaming bronze and it was very large. And the sky around it was a blazing blue tile color.

That one is from 'All Summer in a Day', not 'A Medicine for Melancholy'. (Perhaps you were referring to the whole book, but please note that there is also a short story with the same name.)

Just for the sake of it: now I will add a line from the short story 'A Medicine for Melancholy'

BRADBURY REMIXED

He stood on the curb, watching her drive off, the wind taking hold of her long, dark, shining hair. They had wakened one morning and the world was empty. A tear, large, luminous and beautiful, fell on his cheek. Another tear, larger and more lustrous, emerged from his other eye. His chin was wet. It was certain he had been crying for some minutes. And, everything considered, she's not much to look at. It's just she smells so good.

Now he had no body. It was all gone. It was under him but, but it was filled with a vast pulse of some burning, lethargic drug. It was as if a guillotine had neatly lopped off his head, and his head lay shining on a midnight pillow while the body, below, still alive, belonged to someone else.

The sun came out.

It was the color of flaming bronze and it was very large. And the sky around it was a blazing blue tile color.

'I have seen cows with this look', he said.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 20 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The End.

quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
OK. I'll post something in a day or two.

I say, time's up!

OK, since Mr Braling guessed last, it's his turn to post a new passage. If he so desires.

Let's see if he so desires.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anon...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a rather short passage to quote.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. Here's the passage:

"No cars, so no fatalities."

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a guess: "The Crowd"?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope.

posted Hide Post
C'mon, youse guys!

posted Hide Post
A Miracle of Rare Device

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No again.

posted Hide Post
Somewhere a Band is Playing?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huzzah!

I just read that book (as I've noted elsewhere on the board) and whe I cam across that little phrase, I remembered Ray at one of his talks explaining why he didn't drive. In his youth,he apparently witnessed a fatal car crash...

Anyway, have a go, Phil!

posted Hide Post
"They saw something like a spirit smoke, a bloom of gunpowder blow drifting south and west."

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Any guesses?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Can't quite place it. Perchance a clue.

"Live Forever!"